Model Railroadz

Fleshed out a few more details....

Some more grass and junction levers

fwrbygc1.usj.jpg

A few layers of trees in front of the backdrops

3v42jdxc.yzm.jpg

More general details and trees along the creek bank

t5oumbz0.23d.jpg

Next a single texture over the whole area, the end product will have exactly 4 different textures

xkkxxqsl.v05.jpg

Pick out between the rails with a matching ballast texture

jiidcq2w.nn5.jpg

creek bridge done :)

fee5x4eq.l2t.jpg

qsshtdfc.0q1.jpg

WIP the commercial district

x2xyo41o.2mr.jpg

Hi jbaxter,

looks like its all Jointed Rail Content, should be all found on their site. Here's the list:

<kuid:127320:920021> JR 53ft Stax CSX Ctr/Trlr
<kuid:127320:920024> JR 53ft Crowley Blue Ctr/Trlr
<kuid:127320:920026> JR 53ft PATZ Chassis
<kuid:127320:920027> JR 53ft JBHZ Chassis
<kuid:127320:920028> JR 53ft NSFZ Chassis
<kuid:127320:920029> JR 53ft CMCZ Chassis
<kuid:175455:100800> JR X-Ray Shed
<kuid:175455:100868> JR Concrete Support Pier
<kuid:175455:100880> JR Tank Shed
<kuid:175455:100897> JR 200’ Wall

Regards,
Jordan

Thanks, Jordan!!

Thanks guys, still some empty board areas to cover and behind the backdrop there's a big mess of temporary staging yard tracks I used for screenshot trains. That has to be completely redone including set up of all kind of industry tracks for interesting operation. So there's still plenty of work until ready for release.

Felix, very nice shots, really looks great.
Would you mind if I ask what trees/bushes you are using there?
Apart from some trainz666 assets all trees and bushes on my layout are by bbf11: http://bbf11.krb.com.pl/?polska-roslinnosc-do-trs,102

Wow those are great Felix. Interesting, I had no idea some of those trees even existed, but I do now!

Well got the 1 baseboard module done. Expect a release in the coming days! Now for some more teaser shots.

Model railroads on DLS

Is there a way to identify Model Railroadz routes on the DLS?
As far as I know, there are only 4 mode railroads on the DLS (but I would be happy to be proven wrong). This is a list including known sessions:

• Deepwater Railroad Co - Model Trainz
    • Deepwater Railroad Co Reading Camelback Session
    • Deepwater Railroad Co Freightcar Roundup
  • Federal Street Switching Yard - Model Trainz
    • Federal Street USRA 0-8-0 Switcher Session
    • Federal Street Alco RS-3 Session
  • Multi Level Layout 84/85
    • Multi Level multiplayer session, N. America
    • Multi Level multiplayer session, Russia
  • Multi Level Layout Huttel
    • Huttel layout Multiplayer session, Europe
    • Huttel layout Multiplayer session, N. America

Note:
There are more model railroad routes out there that are not on the DLS; links of which can be found in this topic. The above list contains only those routes that I know off and are on the DLS.

Just a thank you to Jordan. I've been looking for those kuid's ending in the 800. I knew they were JR's but couldn't find them.

Rob

As far as I know, there are only 4 mode railroads on the DLS (but I would be happy to be proven wrong). This is a list including known sessions:

• Deepwater Railroad Co - Model Trainz
    • Deepwater Railroad Co Reading Camelback Session
    • Deepwater Railroad Co Freightcar Roundup
  • Federal Street Switching Yard - Model Trainz
    • Federal Street USRA 0-8-0 Switcher Session
    • Federal Street Alco RS-3 Session
  • Multi Level Layout 84/85
    • Multi Level multiplayer session, N. America
    • Multi Level multiplayer session, Russia
  • Multi Level Layout Huttel
    • Huttel layout Multiplayer session, Europe
    • Huttel layout Multiplayer session, N. America

Note:
There are more model railroad routes out there that are not on the DLS; links of which can be found in this topic. The above list contains only those routes that I know off and are on the DLS.

Negative - Lionel Lines (I pioneered model railroading TBH without all the nice additional assets years ago).

This is 3x1 baseboard layout so I normally start by mapping out the area using the ruler tool (the diagonal lines indicate the void space). The route will follow the outer walls 4.1' wide with a double width peninsula through the central section to give maximum (yet simple) line length.

How did you translate that to mark it out in Trainz?

Not sure I follow your question? The ruler tools gave me all my measurements and all the design is done in game.
Or did you mean something else?

Not sure I follow your question? The ruler tools gave me all my measurements and all the design is done in game.
Or did you mean something else?

He is probably referring to the conversion between the standard imperial ruler used when making a route to the measurements you have, hence my comment.

Amtrak, when you select a different scale such as the ones listed in my comment, the ruler will conform to the scale just as if you were using a ruler in reality.

If that makes any sense... It's hard to describe without showing you... :confused:

Back