Model Railroadz

I love this concept, now Trainz is truly a "Model Railroad Simulator".

trainz2014-02-1308-13-23-729.jpg

trainz2014-02-1308-14-47-581.jpg

A plea to all uploaders

I suspect that in the coming weeks and months there will be a veritable flood of Model Railroadz layouts appearing on the Download Station.

Can I make a plea to all the creators, please:

• Please try to use only content that is either built-in or on the Download Station.
  • If any external downloads are required, please give a direct link to the download source.

For layout creators, I suggest using Content Manager to make a cpd of the layout and then importing this into a clean install of TS12.

Use Content Manager to capture all the dependencies from the Download Station.

Check to see if any are missing. If so, locate the source and add that to the description under the tumbnail.

What if you don't use TS12?:D

On a serious note, I've been playing. The Andi06 #10 animated junctions seem to represent model railroad turnouts very well. Helps in the congested areas those crazy big arrows would drive you nuts. The 90D 100-400 radius tool is close to broad curves if used in real scale on the 100m scale if that sounds right. Close match to the #10 curved turnouts as well.

I'm finding building real scale and limiting yard and siding sizes to what a model railroad would hold is getting me close but not exact. Having fun with this and hope to get pics up this weekend. Many thanks for all the ideas and assets being made. A new life for Trainz for me.

Last edited:
Just noticed as regards my Hallgarth route, having upgraded my TS12 from 49922 to SP1 HF4 (why... :'() working on another route some of the assets I used were redded out in the pick list - mainly the signals I think. So regard this route as being for 49922 only. Also, despite only using built in or DLS assets, when uploading to the DLS still got the warning about external assets and that an "email had been sent" to asset authors. Rest assured, all the assets are built in or from the DLS, albeit with the caveat it may not work above 49922.

What was going to be a small switching route seems to have turned into a complete man-cave...

u3zm0ual.wdh.jpg

1je41rrk.ual.jpg

llwjcse1.d4w.jpg

Display case and tail chaser

4egbfor3.nlq.jpg

4ch50zi5.sd4.jpg

A bit of switching...

5hhl1d5w.4i3.jpg

Not 100% done yet but it's getting there :)
There's also hidden storage roads in an adjacent room for the main layout.

G'day eso, looks like we may be able to lock our selves in a man cave and have fun for hours. This looks really great.
Regards
Barrie

I suspect that in the coming weeks and months there will be a veritable flood of Model Railroadz layouts appearing on the Download Station.

Can I make a plea to all the creators, please:

• Please try to use only content that is either built-in or on the Download Station.
  • If any external downloads are required, please give a direct link to the download source.

For layout creators, I suggest using Content Manager to make a cpd of the layout and then importing this into a clean install of TS12.

Use Content Manager to capture all the dependencies from the Download Station.

Check to see if any are missing. If so, locate the source and add that to the description under the tumbnail.

Nice call,
There is a lot off stuff not on the DLS
Can't expect any one to go through 33 pages to find all the missings:p

Cheers,
Patchy

Just noticed as regards my Hallgarth route, having upgraded my TS12 from 49922 to SP1 HF4 (why... :'() working on another route some of the assets I used were redded out in the pick list - mainly the signals I think. So regard this route as being for 49922 only. Also, despite only using built in or DLS assets, when uploading to the DLS still got the warning about external assets and that an "email had been sent" to asset authors. Rest assured, all the assets are built in or from the DLS, albeit with the caveat it may not work above 49922.

Just downloaded Hallgarth in 61388 with no missing assets and none redded out. Ist Model Trainz without payware needed!

Alright Eso, you just tell me where you live and what kind of beer you drink! I'm coming over!

Insane shots from everyone, this is really something else.

Mike

Great shots everyone! I'm loving how this is making Trainz more fun again for so many!

Eso - how do you work so fast?!? I know you said you're busy with work and family, and you still have time to pull off works of art like this?! Simply amazing!

Thank you for another outstanding route eso !! The route runs smooth as silk and love the shelves with models on them.

Back