Forums not updating

AntonyVW

Im sure this is just a temporary glitch but the forums are not updating properly. Having read posts the threads normally go from black to grey - which of course they do but when I come back to that section of the forums a few minutes later, those same threads have gone black again suggesting new responses. However the last post is still the same post as Ive already seen. This is the same across all sections of the forum.

You can get that impression if you use your browser back button.

I've always had normal updating when clicking on the Forum New Posts at the top of the forum screen.

Hi mezzopprezzo, I agree with you if using the back button but this is as a result of having clicked on the forum button at the top - reading the posts then clicking back on the forum button to update it. Not seen that happen before which is why I mentioned it.

There is something slightly amiss, as if you read the posts and close the browser then reopen and click new posts they are often unread again. Probably cookie related.

Deleting the temporary files and cookies will fix this, however, keep in mind that you will also have many unread posts again until you click through them. The reason is this information is kept in a cookie which ends up being deleted with the clean-up. It's as though you're causing a new problem but fixing one at the same time.

John

Back