Can't Rmove Assets

JohnnyC1

Pioneer Valley RR
I am having a problem with removing assets from several routes. I am using the replace asset command & substituting like "kind" assets for the replacement. I have started with 90 assets and I am now down to 16, the majority of those are textures, I have even gone so far as to color the original with a bright easily viewable color, most are not showing up, and when they do not all are replaced with the replace command, except for the textures that were spotted.
I have deleted them, but with the broken T12HF3 replace missing assets command, I am back to square one. Some of these routes are quite large and the texture may be hidden under structures. Any suggestions, help!

Thanks, John

I wouldn't say it's broken, but it does require that the route layer is unlocked, which by default is not the case.

Shane

I wouldn't advise using that command anyway for textures due to the sink hole effect.

Shane
I am trying to remove all of the assets that were U/L to the DLS that were someone else work, user703319. Because some of the routes are very large, the sink hole is something I'll have to deal with when it occurs, which it has not, yet! I am down to 5 assets on 10 routes.

John

You may find it easier to remove the offending assets from Content Manager and using the Delete Missing Assets function.

Shane

You may find it easier to remove the offending assets from Content Manager and using the Delete Missing Assets function.

Shane

Since HF3 Delete Missing Assets is not working, it's a hit and miss. I'll give it a try on a couple of assets that are only dependencies for one route, I'll let you know.

Well, I attempted using the delete missing assets and it did not work, I even whent so far as to remove the asset and substituted the 1 mile stick for the offending kuid, you would think a red 1 mile stuck would show up on a small E-W 10 board route, nope, no it didn't. I even did a replace, which removed the 1 mile stick, but not the asset from the route memory, it stll shows up in CMP, and when deleted in CMP I am back to square one.

John

Last edited:
Don't forget that trainz reads the data base not the local folder. Removing the asset from the local folder need not update the data base unless a rebuild takes place. So trainz may still see the asset and not know it was deleted.

I did a QDBR and just about to the near we had a power failure, so I did another QDBR, some of the assets were removed, the textures that I recolored so they would become easy recognizable also showed up on some of the routes. However, when I did a replace texture, although viably removed, they were still not removed from the DB. FYI I have not had an incident of the black hole with the replace texture, and I must have done at least 100. Well, I started with over 100 in CMP, I am down to five, I can live with that. Thanks for help.

John

Back