The Canadian Thread - Hi-Res images

ANother excellent shot Evilcrow !
Wow Casey..this composition is exceptionally nice and realistic ! I'd really like to run that livestock car and old tanker on my route ! Congratulations !
Rail4Pete

9LXeKM0.jpg
eEDqEzE.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Rail4Pete. Glad you liked it.
gtasa, always nice to see BCrail equipment here.

Been extending the route out on the water lately.
Pacific Great Eastern marine operations.

F7-A151-E9-0-A24-439-C-8-C5-B-E0-CEE00-B8-E7-C.jpg

Speaking of hauling ash Canadian Pacific has a 105 car minimum for solid trainloads, this consist is 110 cars.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Total train weight: 16481 tons, Train length: 5939 feet. :D

Last edited:
What is this "amended" Burlington Northern route you have here? What kind of route is that? I keep seeing it in a lot of Canadian threads.

Firestorm32,
Not at the game right now, but search ferry barge and/or rail barge on the DLS. Vulcan is the author.
casey

Casey, fantastic shots from you! They are so realistic. I like the seagull in the second shot with the barge!

Your potash shots are looking real good Norm. I didn't know CP had a minimum number of cars for those trains.

Pierre, Ken, gtasa, your shots are also exceptional. The bar has risen quite high!

This shot is at mile 1.3 on the Rosetown Sub. I took a photo here way back in 1974 and tried to recreate that. About the only difference from then to now is that the telegraph poles have been removed. I need to adjust the colour on the lead unit a bit, more like that in Ken's shot.
Cheers, Jack

vJrE3P9.jpg
[/IMG]

I really like those Barge Shots CaseyBerg! Guys, I have purchased some of the Rocky Mountain routes and was hoping to get the Spiral Tunnel NormHart is showing, but I haven't found it yet. Maybe don't have the right route yet? Can someone tell me which route that is in? I have the routes below, and of course now that I have TS2019 I have the Mountaineer as well. Maybe I just need to run my routes more, they are beautifully done routes! :D

<kuid2:122860:100436:27> Canadian Rocky Mountains - Golden, BC
<kuid2:122860:100316:55> Canadian Rocky Mountains - Columbia River Basin
<kuid2:122860:100494:19> Canadian Rocky Mountains - Rogers Pass

I really like those Barge Shots CaseyBerg! Guys, I have purchased some of the Rocky Mountain routes and was hoping to get the Spiral Tunnel NormHart is showing, but I haven't found it yet. Maybe don't have the right route yet? Can someone tell me which route that is in? I have the routes below, and of course now that I have TS2019 I have the Mountaineer as well. Maybe I just need to run my routes more, they are beautifully done routes! :D

<kuid2:122860:100436:27> Canadian Rocky Mountains - Golden, BC
<kuid2:122860:100316:55> Canadian Rocky Mountains - Columbia River Basin
<kuid2:122860:100494:19> Canadian Rocky Mountains - Rogers Pass

Thanks Forester 1.
re spiral tunnels. Don’t have any of these fine looking routes myself. Suspect I would need a much hotter GPU (literally). Think you’re going to need Otter Tail to Castle. https://store.trainzportal.com/coll...adian-rocky-mountains-ottertail-to-castle-jct

I really like those Barge Shots CaseyBerg! Guys, I have purchased some of the Rocky Mountain routes and was hoping to get the Spiral Tunnel NormHart is showing, but I haven't found it yet. Maybe don't have the right route yet? Can someone tell me which route that is in?

My screenshots were taken on cayden's <kuid:431633:101801> MBC 2010 17 09 22 2200 for TANE which you can find here http://doug56.net/MBC2010/route.html Sadly it doesn't look as good in TRS19.

BTW he did an 1887 version for TANE which is merely awesome! But there isn't much rolling stock for it.

Edit for screenies

BTW the consist is a composite of several videos found of potash trains going over various sections of the MBC route. Basically four AC4400CWs, two at the head, one at the center, and one at the end.

Last edited:
Thanks Norm! I snagged the 2010. When clicking on sessions or dependencies or consists I would see 1887 appear at the top, but clicking on it only brought it back to the top of 2010. Home and overview pages did not mention it.

Jack it is always good to see your route in development ! Ken, Casey ...always great to see your work also !

qqRy5g6.jpg

Cheers,
Rail4Pete

July 12th, 1957 catches CPR Engine 1039 on the Kingston & Pembroke line, working as Timetable 301, switching the local industries. A couple shots of it spotting two hoppers at Gus Marker's Cement and then waiting patiently while the Trainman walks ahead and re-lines the switch from I. Cohen Steel Distributors to route the lead gons into their yard before pulling back to set off a few boxcars and a reefer at MacCosham's Van Lines and Quattrocchi's Foods respectively

Back