The Canadian Thread - Hi-Res images

Ken, with the Canadian prairies going through a heatwave right now, those winter shots are somewhat refreshing and, oddly, cooling. Great pics.
Mike, your Kettle Valley Route shots remind me of post card pictures. Picturesque and well laid out. Awesome work.
Jack, kinda the black, morbid shot that I'm used to offering, the dark side of railroading.
I've been to two of these car vs locomotive collisions in my career. Both times, a single occupant in the car, both times they survived with a few broken bones. In one of the collisions, the conductor had to be taken to hospital with chest pains. I hope the occupants of this vehicle survived. Or was it just some jerks who thought it would be a chuckle to abandon a car in the middle of the tracks? Every picture tells a story as Rod Stewart once said.
These things always come out badly for everyone. Like the sign says,"LOOK! LISTEN! LIVE!"
Claude

RE Post #3277 charlielima.

Thank you Claude, somewhat hot in the UK again 31c plus. I hope this helps to lower the temp' a touch.
c98657326e87de6a082b062f7d87b6ec.jpg

Cheers Ken

Really nice looking Pictures here, and I'm feeling cooler now seeing the Snow and Steam mixed together.........

Definitely Post Card Quality stuff sir !!!! :cool:

Hi Claude. I needed a scene in which to use Dave Snow's new police vehicles and remembered one of yours with a traction motor fire I think it was. Anyway, no one injured in my shot. Mom and pop were out for a drive. He stopped at the crossing but popped the clutch, making the car jump onto the tracks but with the engine stalled and unable to restart. The train was going slow and just pushed the car down the track a short distance. At least, that's my story. I've never been to the scene of any accidents but I remember them happening from time to time, very seldom with a happy ending. I always look both ways, even at protected crossings.

Very nice shot from you Ken. Hope I don't see any real snow until it's almost Christmas though.

Cheers, Jack

Re posts #3279 VIA6415, #3280 blueodessey and #3281 jackyamstel.

Thanks for the compliments gentlemen. Still hot here therefore;

Cheers Ken
8ab9caa7a0f2ea112be532bba97e145e.jpg
6715179b1cf3f1d8571b12d15630edfa.jpg
138adc4eb9abbefbe1cc123cb40ee41a.jpg

Hello all;
Great pictures, every single one. Jack I couldn't resist. Years ago (2013) I did a little diorama at Midway Station on the Kettle Valley.
So here it is.
Also for Ken about "... speedtreez causing problems." Every single speedtree that works in TAN:E (including some payware) that I have is in or near the picture. (There are 1495 objects of type Flora in The KVR. Not all speedtreez.)

23d4e38d321b8f81aa9fda9f7de90141.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Cheers,
--Michael.

Ken, excellent job on those last screen shots! It seems that whatever you show on this and other forums, it is a masterpiece.

Good one Michael! 1495 trees, bushes and whatever else is quite a lot. The Kettle Valley route should be very green.

A nice shot from you also WCRULEZ. One thing I'd like to see in the model railroad shots is a big hand placing a piece of rolling stock on the rails. Not likely to happen without some photoshop work though.

Cheers, Jack

Nice shot Jack, Froobie, Ken and via. I'm not very active actually as I'm loosing my job (employer is out of money) and looking to find another apt. but I still have a look here everyday.
Cheers!
Rail4Pete

Nice work you're doing there VIA.

Sorry to hear about your job situation, Pierre. I hope everything works out for you.

Cheers, Jack

re post #3287 Rail4 Pete.
Sorry to hear that you have lost your job. It will not be your fault.
You will have done your job to the best ability, but to the "SUITS" that will not matter, profit and money will matter to them and the rest of us can sod off. I hope you can get some "redundancy" payment from them.
I am glad that I am the age I am now (1947 built), I really think the future is not good for the likes of us.

We all look forward to your screenshots, We hope that producing your route (that I am sure we all appreciate will continue) will provide some solace to you.

Under the circumstances, best of luck.
Ken.

Re post # 3288-90 Thank you very much for your support guys ! That is appreciated !
Work N Train
4151c31a2725a3e561ef655b0957696b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
71ec4f107d04aa916bda1e9b848c4f28.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Rail4Pete

Last edited:
Nice shots Pierre. I see a couple of snow plows in the distance. I think CN cut most of that type up for scrap.

Thank you for that Baldwin, Whitepass. I've yet to try it out but it's a nice addition to the CPR roster.

Westbound, working up to track speed after leaving the siding at Zelma.
Cheers, Jack

30deb8ac4f30b6fcbd00dc6d4e066074.jpg

Great pictures everyone!
Ken, I love the way you textured the distant hills.

Princeton:
893ba921bf63e21ee0cd2f930d8622f8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Cheers,
--Michael.

Back