The Canadian Thread - Hi-Res images

were did you find that NB Southern BTY they have 2 cabooses as well here my model unfortunately its not for trainz sorry.

looks good as always!

Last edited:
Thanks VIA6415 :).
The NB Southern engine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Hu8pUjkjXM is a personal reskin.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

70e778b6d284519c60a7d914dc836a27.jpg

aaeef448b03693b1f90cf9adff5d0386.jpg

// Erik from Sweden

More masterpieces from Erik! Very nice work. I'm guessing the Milton Lumber and O.N. Rail are personal reskins. They look great. You are a very talented fellow Erik.

Here's something you might see if you were in a small aircraft west of Biggar.
Cheers, Jack

26147ba9d7c4b3cd04b61ac3981f8219.jpg

This is a stunning shot Jack! Great job you're doing here in Biggar and with your route. And nice to see screenshots of your route again Pierre. Your Quebec Central thread is always worth a visit, looking forward to more. And then that from the Swedish god :) Good work guys!

nupReF.jpg

MgfgKv.jpg

Thank you escd84, and awesome shots from you as always, your Vancouver work is stunning :).
---------------------------------
Jack: Thanks to you too, and nice shot from you too as usual (and yes, the reskins are my own personal ones) .:)

What trees do you use Erik?
The trees (most of them) in those pics are stuff made by trunda & dmdrake, which I have play around with to get them look okey in TANE.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2c29de65858fed245d375f4807542ce3.jpg

e88ba5e90b91f48c9b6250050147e7b1.jpg

// Erik from Sweden

Erik whats did you set your environment setting at? I'm having a hard time getting the water to look real, I like your work bro!

Pete, Eric, Jack, VIA6415 and Christian! POW! You all just blew my mind with all of your spectacular screenshots of late. These shots are like a potato chips; I can't get enough and look forward to the next one. Thank you all very much for sharing.
Steve, great looking Selkirk. I look forward to its release. Canadian trainz are just awesome.

Great work!

The trees (most of them) in those pics are stuff made by trunda & dmdrake, which I have play around with to get them look okey in TANE.

// Erik from Sweden

Great work Erik. Just getting back into Trainz after a long absence and glad to see some of my old stuff is still of use.

Dave :wave:

nice work Steve, I'm sure others and myself are glad that the gap in Canadian steam power is filled.

Pete, Eric, Jack, VIA6415 and Christian! POW! You all just blew my mind with all of your spectacular screenshots of late. These shots are like a potato chips; I can't get enough and look forward to the next one. Thank you all very much for sharing.
Steve, great looking Selkirk. I look forward to its release. Canadian trainz are just awesome.
Thanks for your encouragement Charlielima. Your signature says ''recently converted''. Which conversion is it about ?

Great work Erik. Just getting back into Trainz after a long absence and glad to see some of my old stuff is still of use.

Hi Dave, glad to see you back. Your contribution to the trainz community was/is very useful and impressive....Welcome back !

nice work Steve, I'm sure others and myself are glad that the gap in Canadian steam power is filled.

Yep, Steeve made a real good job on this model. .......but the gap is no completely filled as we still need a G5 or G2 and a D10 with a Canadian cab.

Thanks for your encouragement Charlielima. Your signature says ''recently converted''. Which conversion is it about ?

Your welcome, Pete.
I used to be all about Canadian Pacific, researched their power and rolling stock and followed everything about the company. But then I became the captain of a fire hall a few hundred feet from the Canadian National main line in Winnipeg. OMG! At least 40 trains a day, all variety of power and rail cars, interesting consists.
Compare that with the 20 or so trains per day that CP has running through Winnipeg and I was a convert to the CN way of life. (Not to mention that there are way more modern CN locos on Trainz than there are modern CP locos; much easier to model.) Thanks for asking.
If you thought that I was converted to Christ, happened years ago. I am now an ordained minister in the Catholic Church and run a drop-in center for the street people of downtown Winnipeg. (Coincidentally, next to the CP yards in Winnipeg. Go figure.)
Claude

Thanks Charlielima :).

Thanks Dave, and thank YOU for all the nice stuff you have made for the Community, and welcome back :).
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Erik whats did you set your environment setting at? I'm having a hard time getting the water to look real, I like your work bro!
I guess most people have their own favorite settings for the water, but what I find works well (for me at least) is the settings shown in the pic below.
But be aware that the choice of the sky reflected in the water, and the ground texture (I use DARK, often grey, textures under the water) also affects how the water looks.

c0ee1995c3e6330c4140f75cb0db154f.jpg

And a common screenshot for the the record ;).

5c82fb2208bcf4fe872f1c233beee7cd.jpg

// Erik from Sweden

Erik and Christian, terrific shots from both of you as usual. It's always good to see the amazing things you two are doing!

Claude, I remember some very wonderful screenshots from you not so very long ago. Thanks for the compliment on my own meager efforts.

That's a great looking CPR engine you've got there Steve!

Here's the old roundhouse at Biggar. It's still there but not used by the railroad anymore. The last I knew is that someone was raising turkeys in it but that was several years ago.

Cheers, Jack

Sad to say but I just discovered that the roundhouse was demolished in 2015.

4a493c539210c63404050d7efffad551.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Erik! I'll play around with the water setting.

I'm was mineing my own businesses ;) working on the Wentworth Gypsum Mine I changed the track aliment to look more like it shod and tried to make it look better.

Back