You can grab the Steam version of TS12 and two DLCs for $6.39 .

Well, from what i heard about it. It's not that popular to get on Steam becuase it hasn't been patched to the one build before SP1. That's the complaint I keep on hearing.

I don't use Steam, but from what I've read their games usually are updated automatically. It may not be the case with Trainz, though.

Last edited:
From before i got trainz 2012, I asked someone on the forums if i should just go for the Steam version, and the said no.

Yeah, the Steam version is usually a digital download, which is something I really don't recommend. I also heard that it gives you all kinds of fits... I wouldn't suggest getting the Steam version at all, just to play it safe.

I never really download digital downloads, and that's why i went with the Boxed version. Also, what was Trainz 2012 Anniversary Edition?

I never really download digital downloads, and that's why i went with the Boxed version. Also, what was Trainz 2012 Anniversary Edition?
It is a limited edition version of TS 12. It came in a collectors tin box, with a numbered certificate. You got a real manual, and a keybord shortcut chart as well as a poster. You also got a free 30 day FCT. There was also a Golden Ticket ala Willy Wonka. If you got one in your box, you won a lifetime FCT.

So, if I would of bought that, instead of the one i bought, and won a lifetime first class ticket. then would that would be better then a regular boxed one?

Last edited:
Wish i would of known sooner, as a Lifetime FCT would be nice! Oh well, better not complain, as i got a regular Trainz 2012

The Steam version is patched to SP1. I believe all DLC's are available for the Steam version. I have Murchison2 installed.

the version in Steam is 58488 and it will automatically download all the updated DLC during the first time you play the game
after adding all keys (including cabon cities, DLCs, etc.) to plant auran, all those DLCs will be downloaded and updated

now i am slowly downloading cabon cities as a DLC in trainz 12 even though i did not install the standalone version via steam

Back