Adding moving sounds to Rollingstock.

Falken442

How do you add a moving sound to rollingstock? I use davidos PacNat coal hopper and A VR BW coach and they have sounds on them but with Davidos Freightrail coal hopper the sound isn't there. I tried just copying and pasting what was in the PacNat one into the Freightrail one but it didn't work. How do I properly do this.

-Eno

The sound needs an attachment point = you should be able to do this with PEV's mesh tools if you wish to.

you need to add some thing like this in the config.

soundscript
{
compressor
{
ambient 0
volume 0.75
attachment "a.compressorsound"
repeat-delay 90,360
distance 10,80

sound
{
0 "compressor.wav"
}
}
}
and the sound need to be in the assets route directory

note the items in red need to be changed to suit your attache point and sound file

How do you add a moving sound to rollingstock? I use davidos PacNat coal hopper and A VR BW coach and they have sounds on them but with Davidos Freightrail coal hopper the sound isn't there. I tried just copying and pasting what was in the PacNat one into the Freightrail one but it didn't work. How do I properly do this.

-Eno

Unfortunately, PEV's tools will not be of any help in this situation - another reason why Mac users are actually worse off when it comes to asset repairs and changes.

Shane

Hi Eno,

That's because the sounds are in the 'bogey' asset under track sounds, open for edit the W car bogey and you'll noticed it's been assigned a sound kuid, I also use this feature for my Prototype Harris cars for traction motor sounds so it's more realistic rather than a engine sound which makes it sound like it's running at full speed when your crawling.

bogey track sounds make trainz sound more realistic.

Cheers.

Just be sure to do this:

Code:
track-sound
{
  {
    track-sound                         <kuid:(the KUID of whatever track sound you want to use)>
    priority                            5
    bogey                               <kuid:(the same KUID as the bogey you are editing)>
  }
}

Note the "bogey" tag. Without that tag the sound you assign here will "infect" all the other bogeys on the route.

Just be sure to do this:

Code:
track-sound
{
  {
    track-sound                         <kuid:(the KUID of whatever track sound you want to use)>
    priority                            5
    bogey                               <kuid:(the same KUID as the bogey you are editing)>
  }
}

Note the "bogey" tag. Without that tag the sound you assign here will "infect" all the other bogeys on the route.

Thanks Frogpipe, this method works fine. :)

Sidenote: This is all for personal use, no trace of the modified rollingstock will be released either by video or for download unless I get permission from Davido. Its all staying with me. Locked in my computer.

-Eno

Back