Problem with KUID for the Paddington to Bristol route.

Craig72

Hi all. I downloaded and installed Widowmakers Paddington to Bristol part 01 route and it wont load, the game crashes back to the desktop.

So I thought I’d have a look & see if there were any missing/broken dependencies and one shows as not working or incompatible.

This is Double Track Gravel Bank Spline KUID:46219:380.

I’ve deleted it from the route and re-downloaded it and have the same problem.

Is there anything I can do to fix this problem.

Thanks for any help.

Craig.

Hi Shane. Sorry I forgot to put this in my first post. It's the error message I get.

Error: The Tag 'track' is not permitted within a container of type 'bridge'.

Craig.

Hi Shane. Ooops. You meant change the word track with the word bridgetrack.

I removed the track itself and replaced it with bridgetrack, so it didn't work, so I thought I'd start all over and re-download it, but I get a red bar on the download section in CM. So will try tomorrow & will let you know how I get on. D'oh. :D

Thanks for your help so far.

Craig.

Hi Shane. I downloaded the route again this morning and there’s no track in the config file at all.

I also D/L parts 2 to 8 of the route and all the parts have problems.

Parts 2 and 4, Gravel Bank (KUID:46219:3800 - Error: The Tag 'track' is not permitted within a container of type 'bridge'.

Part 5 and 6 is missing a depenendencie, KUID 1:8008

Part 7 TPS Bridge 2L2P, has the errors and warnings,

Error: The Tag 'obsolete-table' is not permitted within a container of type 'bridge'.

Error: The Tag '>' is not permitted within a container of type 'bridge'.

Warning: Tag 'category-era-0' in the container 'bridge' is obsolete.

I have looked for the missing items on the DLS, but none showed up.

Thanks for any help.

Craig.

The KUID sounds like a built-in, but from which version I am unsure - the creator may be able to advise on that.

As for that Gravel Bank asset, as stated above, change the word 'track' to 'bridgetrack' - this should fix that error.

As for TPS Bridge 2L2P, remove the > tag and the obsolete-table container from the config.txt file.

Shane

Hi Shane, I got the route working (part 1) in TRS 2006, just to see if it would work in that one and it does, with a few missing dependencies.

Anyway, not sure what I'm going to do yet as it's just the track. I don't know if I want to go adding all the scenery stuff, but will keep the files on the PC in case I do add scenery later.

Thanks you for all your help.

Craig.

Hi all. I downloaded and installed Widowmakers Paddington to Bristol part 01 route and it wont load, the game crashes back to the desktop.

So I thought I’d have a look & see if there were any missing/broken dependencies and one shows as not working or incompatible.

This is Double Track Gravel Bank Spline KUID:46219:380.

I’ve deleted it from the route and re-downloaded it and have the same problem.

Is there anything I can do to fix this problem.

Thanks for any help.

Craig.
G'day Craig, I had a look and these routes are Trainz Service Pack 3 which is before UTC or TRS04:-
Paddington to Bristol pt 01
Type: Layouts
Downloaded: 3977
File Size: 247.88 kb
File Type: .cdp
Created by: widowmaker
Date: 13th October 2003
Version: Trainz Service Pack 3
KUID: <KUID:78581:100052>

These will make TS10 crash but as you have found they will work in TRS06, so in TRS06 in surveyor just add something like a tree somewhere suitable and save, the route will now be TRS06 and will work in TS10.
Ihave done this with many old routes.
Regards
Barrie

Hi Barrie. Sorry for the late reply, but the forum wouldn't let me log-in till today.

Anyway, I did what you said, but it still wont load in 2010. But that maybe as I didn't install SP1 for 2006.

Craig.

Back