Buggered route after moving to a new drive

Richarddx7

So I just got a new disk drive and all reinstalled windows.

Now I've downloaded TRrainz 2019 Platinum again and copied the backup of my route from the old installation (I copied the "local" and "original" folders). I also ran database repair.

Well for some reason my route is screwed, as when it tries to load it crashes to the desktop immediately after loading as its about to appear. So what the cluck is goin o0n?

I'm doing an extended database repair. What a nuisance. Will that make it work?

So I just got a new disk drive and all reinstalled windows.

Now I've downloaded TRrainz 2019 Platinum again and copied the backup of my route from the old installation (I copied the "local" and "original" folders). I also ran database repair.

Well for some reason my route is screwed, as when it tries to load it crashes to the desktop immediately after loading as its about to appear. So what the cluck is goin o0n?

I'm doing an extended database repair. What a nuisance. Will that make it work?
Hello! I got a lot of problems similar to yours and there may be a chance I know how to fix it. Is it possible to give me your discord username or contact me there?

Well it loaded once but its back into CTD on loading again

Sez my route has "missing dependcies" but when I click on it theres none showing. And it just CTDs when I try load it.

OK. Still sais that but I ran the extended database repair again. I have some older versions of my route and when I installed "missing dependencies" for that one, (which weren't shown as missing for the actual route itself) the CTD didn't occur on the last two times I loaded it.

Last edited:
This sounds like something is corrupted in the original route you imported. I've seen this occur before and it can be devastating, considering the amount of work we put into these projects.

Unfortunately, your only recourse is to go back a version but that's what backups are for and the reason why we should make plenty of them.

This sounds like something is corrupted in the original route you imported. I've seen this occur before and it can be devastating, considering the amount of work we put into these projects.

Unfortunately, your only recourse is to go back a version but that's what backups are for and the reason why we should make plenty of them.
I did another extended database repair and it has loaded correctly the last 3 times, so I'm hoping that's the end of the problems now!

There was something in the cache/library that did it, I think. Scripts can be nasty.

Make sure you've updated all your assets too. Some things have been updated to take into account the changes made by the new version.

Back