lets have a poll on who is using windows 7 or windows 8 as of today 5/8/13

Passingly, interesting thread as Windows 8 is flopping really in practice. Oh, I dare say there will be the ultra keen waxing lyrical but there is a big hole blown in that corner. Recently, I came a across 2 separate news items in different weeks. The sales of Windows 8 are bumping along at the bottom and pc makers have expressed some concern. Personally, I don't like 8 and sticking with 7 in my latest pc addition for Trainz. The sales figures speak for themselves compared to traditional Windows such as XP and 7 which are fine. It is just a pity that Trainz is essentially a no-no on Linux when you consider what MS charges for an OS compared to that alternative!

I don't have a touch screen, don't use metro apps ( they stink, in my opinion), and do multitasking all the time, so Windows 7 home premium and Chrome is what I am sticking with. Windows Blue ( Windows 8.1) will be out in a few months, so some of the problems in Windows 8 may be fixed, since MS has had a ton of complaints about Windows 8 since it's release. I still think Windows 8 only runs well on touch screens and tablets, which it was designed for.

Last edited:
i just went ahead and upgraded back to windows 8, next month windows 8.1 is gonna be available to the public, if it still sucks after that, back to windows 7 i go

Win 7 Ultimate 32 Bit
Alienware Software
AMD Athlon (tm) II X2 240 Processor 2.80 GHz (can be boosted to 4 GHz)
4 GB Ram
Nvidia GForce 8600 GT

and i'm running trs2009 (with no sp's)

I'm running Windows 8 Pro 64-bit. I just reinstalled W8 after some new system drivers became available.

Trainz runs great with it.

John

Windows 8 here, AMD E2-1800 Dual-core processor. Trainz runs fairly well with it, though Windows 8 itself needs a few things worked out.

i was starting to get comfortable with windows 8, i like my netflix app, it beats the desktop version 100 times over, but for the life of me microsoft flight simulator x will not install for me and thats one of my favorites.so i ordered x-plane because its newer, but has a steeper learning curve but the video's i have seen look great, i guess its time to leave fsx behind. sadly fsx is the best for people that don't want to have to have a college degree just to fly a nice big boeing or airbus. my installer just hangs and it looks like microsoft has closed the doors again on any future development, for any of you they ever played fsx with orbx addons, orbx is releasing an addon that will cover the whole world at a cost of 200 usd. orbx is by far the best landscape i have ever seen and developed in brisbane i think.

Back