lets have a poll on who is using windows 7 or windows 8 as of today 5/8/13

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit on all 5 systems in our house (Own an IT Business - So my kids are down right lucky buggers! to have there own pc's each and one hell of an awesome home network for gaming on) - Windows 7 = Good things of XP, the one or two only good things from Vista mashed together to make a smart, stable OS for a change :)

Windows 8 imo is another Vista, Nice for Tablet style Laptops. Take up in my area is very slow (Not many peeps looking to upgrade/tutoring/general riffraff about it, many clients are reverting to Windows 7 on new systems I put into service for them) for Windows 8, personally I will skip it and see what Windows 9 etc shall be.

Cheers

Trent

Main machine is Win 7 home pro, second machine is XP :p which is only used for backup and iPortal work.

Windows 7 Premium 64-bit with Windows XP mode on the system with Photoshop CS2/3, all versions of Trainz I own, MSTS. and other programs.

Windows XP mode is used for odd stuff.

Last edited:
Not seeing any Macs....... hmph.

MacBook laptop. (Running Win7 Ultimate, 32 bit). Oh well. Me too, I guess. I have Trainz Mac, it runs HORRIBLE on my Mac Mini (it is too old), and I never tried it on the MacBook because PEV Tools and 3ds Max don't work on MacOS.

well i have to say i went ahead and upgraded to windows 8 pro 64 bit again, it runs much better and i will keep it on my pc until the 8.1 update preview at the end of june, if its a failure i will be done with it all together,i do like a few of the apps though, like netflix and the weather

I have just installed Win8 as dual boot with Win7 Ultimate. The dual boot installation was simple and my impression was that the install program was better that the Win7 one. My first impression of Win8 was 'Hell, where do I go to set my programs'. After I played around for a while it became a little easier. Google helped a lot, found that Google is actually supplied as an addon app which you can't get unless you register with MS. I managed without.

I won't make any decision about keeping or dumping it until Win8.1 comes along.

I will do some comparative tests with TS12 which should give accurate results as both programs will be running Trainz off the same drive with the OS on the same boot drive..

Peter

Back