Updating Trainz Asset Database

There's no need to avoid it. It just adds the items that have been added to the DLS into CMP so you can download them there. It also fixes and commits some assets. Nothing to worry about :)

There is a way to stop it from happening every time:

At the Launcher, click on Options instead of Start. Go to the Developer tab and tick 'Show Database Process Window'. Then save the settings. There should now be a TADDaemon window as well as the Trainz one.

When you close Trainz, wait for the TADDaemon box to close too, before shutting down your computer. This should prevent the Updating Trainz Asset Database window popping up every time.

To Me, that seems entirely pointless, even if you are just a recreational Trainzer. It only improves your version of Trainz and it doesn't take too terribly long.

BlakeDooley;bt1816 said:
To Me, that seems entirely pointless, even if you are just a recreational Trainzer. It only improves your version of Trainz and it doesn't take too terribly long.
I find waiting 20 minutes before you can do anything in the game or CM pointless. What it does is checks for added and removed assets, and also checks the DLS. It does not need to run EVERY time you want to do something in Trainz.

It shouldn't be running every time. It only runs occasionally, when needed. But if you keep canceling it, it will run every time until it goes thru a whole run. Let it run, Go do something else for a while & let it finish.

Peter

Thank you! I run it whenever it pops up. Of course it takes 20 minutes in your case, Kieran, because you block it causing there to be more updates and fixes to your database... Mine takes a mere 4-5 minutes at the most...

I do not cancel it, it takes that long when it runs. It only does so about once every two months, so I can put up with it for that long. I would not put up with it every time Trainz starts, and it shouldn't be doing that unless it is cancelled.

Back