THE MARSZ BLOG

DON49PLM;bt2838 said:
Good to hear from you Ishie. I do hope you pull out of the "funk" your in. As for me, I'm here nursing a back injury and have AWAY to much time on my hands. Trainz all keeps the mind working... Ishie, I've worked through the signal problem I was having and have around 10 types of signals matching the propertys of the Jounted Rail Searchlight signal system. Soon on that. Gerns, I too have gone underground and have made some stuff to hold up the roof. I'll share some pics and download it all later today. Again, thanks Ish, Don
Hello Don -- I hope you recover from your back injury -- I have been there myself, and I know how difficult it is to do things, especially getting out of bed, and heading to the bathroom, if you have a severe back injury -- Anyhow I hope you are doing well! -- That's great news on the signal issue there, Don -- You know that you are welcome to post any issues on this blog, etc, if you like, sir!!! And thank you, Don -- your contributions to the Marsz Project has been excellent, sir!!! :D In closing, awesome screenshots --- LOL

Good Morning Colonists, --- PC issues --- I had to reinstalled windows 7 --- Windows 8 locked me out -- I was given permission to a specific program, and suddenly the damn OS locked me OUT --- The C drive denied me access, and no matter what I did nothing worked -- I use the command prompt, command lines, restore did not worked --- I even tried to reinstall windows 8 but at the device manager the c drive was invisible -- spend 2 days -- I had no choice but to use the recovery back up disks that I made last year, which I forgot I had, actually -- LOL -- Anyhow, the reason I am posting this off-topic issue here is too encourage you guys to make up recovery disk (iso image) of your pc -- windows 7 has the built in feature, I think, to do this, just in case -- I had a headache for 2 days, so I don't want any of you to go through that -- Yes, I back up all models, etc --- nearly 10g of trainz contents -- dozes of models yet to be release, especially the large scale ships!!! Including routes, too --- Make sure that you guys always back up your contents -- I have 3 HD have collected in the passed 5 years, etc --- Anyhow, everyone please take care, and be safe!!! Ishie

Hello Marsz-lings and thank you Ishie. Cool articial on Mars. Have you ever sean the plan that some scientest have come up with. The "1000 year plane to warm up Mars". It all starts by make lots of green house gasses. Thats what the Carelton Rapids plans to do. My "Earth" route centers around the prodution of steel and a large steel mill called Carelton River Steel Works. Big, lots of smoke. Again, thanks Ishie. Enjoy, Don49plm signing off.

Hello Marsz-lings, I made a new tunnel. Single track with walkways and lights. Watch for it in a few days.
98b10b1e90d89ad2a4d07f4b75e0758c.jpg

Enjoy, Don49plm

DON49PLM;bt2876 said:
Hello Marsz-lings and thank you Ishie. Cool articial on Mars. Have you ever sean the plan that some scientest have come up with. The "1000 year plane to warm up Mars". It all starts by make lots of green house gasses. Thats what the Carelton Rapids plans to do. My "Earth" route centers around the prodution of steel and a large steel mill called Carelton River Steel Works. Big, lots of smoke. Again, thanks Ishie. Enjoy, Don49plm signing off.
Good Afternoon, Don --- No, sir, have not see those plans, and it'll be interesting to see how Mars will respond a thousand years from now, using such greenhouse gases. From a trainz point of view, that was and it is still my idea, and it's why I created the color coded furnaces that releases stema, to transform over a course of routes / sessions, Mars' atmosphere --- Credit for this goes to Bulter57, who has taken time from Mars routes to focus on real life issues, and other down to Earth's routes he has told me about in the passed --- However. you can catch glimpses of his route on this blog on previous pages -- Back to this idea, it's all time consuming, plus my long departure from trainz and creating stuff, these ideas will take a while to implement! ---- However, your wonderful creations will, indeed, be use to further these ideas, etc Don!!! As for your route, please post screenshots on this blog -- I am sure our small community here would enjoy seeing such screenies --- Up to your, sir! --- Thanks for sharing your ideas and creations, Don!!!

Thank you very much geys. Nice sky. Ish, did you say you are going to post your desert rought and do some MP on it? I like MP. Don

MARSZ-D-Tunnel T1 v2 <KUID:387111:101124> is on the DLS.

Last edited:
Hello Marsz-lings
As you my know, the Carelton Rapids and Pottash has landed on Marsz. I have chosen the area about 15 miles south of Midway station to construct a space port and company HQ. The reason I have chosen Midway Station is in the middle of a flat bolder field and its proximity to Valles Marineris and its 3000 meter deep canyons. The pictures I&#8217;m showing to you today is the crew train run from the 100m level of Space Port Midway to Base 3000m (working title) witch is the base near the first tunnel exit on the bottom of Valles Marineris. The train leaves at 6:00 am Midway time with a total distance of 133 mile to travel. Should be there before the 7 o&#8217;clock shift. Well&#8230; that&#8217;s the plane.

0e710794509decc52eece5b2f04adf4f.jpg

Im getting rid of the red, green side maker and using IR (infrared) light panels.

7738851f2eacbb711c9c6ec919ed71a1.jpg

6aa873216731c200e351c72528d3f785.jpg

Last edited:
DON49PLM;bt2946 said:
Thank you very much geys. Nice sky. Ish, did you say you are going to post your desert rought and do some MP on it? I like MP. Don

MARSZ-D-Tunnel T1 v2 <KUID:387111:101124> is on the DLS.
Hello Don, If you're referring to my Desert Route, then yes -- when I first started in 06 it was base for online playing -- At the time there was no multiplayer for trainz, as it is now -- I was the first to suggest in the old forum about online trainz, since, at that time I was into online games, focusing on shooting them up, stc. --- My Desert Route which is titled is Desert Interactive Route because it focuss primarily on goods and services, from delivering mail, to passenger, to goods, etc --- You can view dozens of screenshot in the previous pages, etc --- Thanks for your interest, Don, and for the tunnel kuids --- Oh, yeah, the layout is 90% complete but since I have taken these long breaks each year it has taken time to finish it all --- See, at the time, I choice a huge map, so, in ways good and bad, etc! Good, in that, I have space to really create a complete world, like the 5 airports, stretched out between long miles / km -- And bad because it has taken this long to complete!!!! Take care, Don --- Thanks for everything --- PS, Somehow I did get the alert of this post -- I have to subscribed again to my own thread!

DON49PLM;bt2952 said:
Hello Marsz-lings
As you my know, the Carelton Rapids and Pottash has landed on Marsz. I have chosen the area about 15 miles south of Midway station to construct a space port and company HQ. The reason I have chosen Midway Station is in the middle of a flat bolder field and its proximity to Valles Marineris and it 3000 meter deep canyons. The pictures I’m showing to you today is the crew train run from the 100m level of Space Port Midway to Base 3000m (working title) witch is the base near the first tunnel exit on the bottom of Valles Marineris. The train leaves at 6:00 am Midway time with a total distance of 133 mile to travel. Should be there before the 7 o’clock shift. Well… that’s the plane.

WOW, Don, thanks for sharing --- Thanks!!! :D !!!

Mars Curiosity celebrates a year of exploration [video]http://news.msn.com/science-technology/mars_curiosity_year_one?videoid=83839001-fc29-84e9-770c-c2ac6c7eb3af#tscptme[/video]

xcrossi;bt2974 said:
Any chance of getting wheeled or tracked rovers/locos
I do have some wheeled and tracked machines in prototype but I'm not ready to share them yet. You can see some of them in the background of my pics. Oh and a 6 legged walking crane. Don49plm

Gerns, How are you doing with the underground stuff. Share a pics. Everyone share a pic of your Marsz. I need some ideas.

Last edited:
Good Morning All --- Thanks Don for sharing!!! Doing fine here --- I just spend a couple of days in Orlando -- My second born just turned 4, so we stayed at a water resort over the weekend --- Weather is just hot here! I hope that all of you are doing fine! Since re-installing windows 7 due that I was unhappy with windows 8 interface, I have not installed 3dmax yet, so will see about that this week, etc ... I am going to explore some ideas around Don's works', guys ... in other words, slowly will get my feet wet! All in all, everyone please be safe out there, and talk soon ---- Ishie --- BTW, like Don said, share if you like! LOL

Back