THE MARSZ BLOG

hrm2701;bt2479 said:
Proof that you guys are visionary's and ahead of your time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syKJP1lnjQA

Hrm :cool:

Good Afternoon Hrm --

Thanks for the clip --- One idea of two that I have for future worlds can be found on that video clip: One is a Jurassic type theme, where mining operations will take place like the movie Avatar; And a Water World theme -- current pieces like my huge circular structures can be use for the water world, etc ....

I like the clip --- funny thing is that many of these events will happened in one form or another, etc!!!

The music from the clip: when it first starts through midway is the theme from the movie "The Island" in case anyone was wondering!

@Everyone --- All in all, have not done much at all, etc --- been tire all week -- turned on PC only to read e-mails, blogs, and get ideas for future contents --- As for contents, since we are leaving Marsz to other worlds, I was thinking of changing the texture and updating Marsz contents to such worlds that we fine out there, for example, On volcanic world, where is always dark, gloomy and ominous structures might look dark, weathered down due to its'furious and fiery environment, etc ! ---- I few ideas like that, etc LOL

Everyone have a nice weekend!!! :wave:Ishie

UPATE - 5/8/13

Good Afternoon Colonists --

This is just a minor update of what I am currently working on --

I have began testing textures and skies for the new alien world, which will have dinosaurs in it -- Also, someone created the gates that can be found in the Jurassic Park movie so gonna use those to see how it all goes! As before these will be module layouts, etc ... etc!

Not sure yet if I will use textures with high mountain peaks or trees for the displayed across the board -- the point is that I want to minimize framerate!!!

If you have any suggestions on trees. etc etc etc please let me know -- if I do decide to use trees I would like to use jungle-type trees, etc ... Need to do a DLS search to see what fits the bill!

I think you guys going to like this approache, in that, it's more a traditional Earth-like route -- Except for Green skies, and alien structures, and the roaming Dinosaurs, you might like your ride, etc LOL

Well, as soon as i get a nice scenery set up on the modules I will post a teaser screenshot!!!

Thanks for reading, and everyone be safe!

Ishie

Last edited:
very nice in deed , this mars and other world theme is certainly expanding trainz in a good way .basicly setting everyone one mind on overflow.

Good Morning All --

@HRM, thanks for sharing -- i got some ideas from those pictures and article!!! LOL

@Gerns --- Yeah, introducing other themes will keep us all interested, etc ... challenging, like Water world! LOL

Ishie

I love it. I'd go for it. I'll bet a lot of stuff will need to be updated for 12 though. I'd show it as much love as mars.

Hrm

Good Morning Colonists, lol

Not much going on at this end, to be honest!!! -- I am reading scifi stuff off the net here and there, and gotten some ideas!

However, I am working on some modules, thus trying to catch a right fit -- I'll see into posting screenies during this week -- these Modules are more traditional!

My Desert Layout -- Just need to update things for T12, and that will be a challenge since the layout is so very huge!

Well, Everyone take care, and be safe!!!
Sorry for any delays - SP1 left a bad taste in me!!!

Ishie

Hello Marsz-lings.
I’m here to tell you that the Carelton Rapids and Pottash has teamed up with Cosmic Cog’s and is on the way to Mars. I’m here with the permission of Caption Jetson to transmit to you from the spaceship Explore 1. Here we are in holding bay 1.
72e1a31dc3d8e106affdecab270d77ab.jpg

This is a picture of the M1 Train Command Unit. This well be the first unit in train.
dc4ddb0a5557ba19e55fd8a537bfd75c.jpg

View of the m1 dash. (above, with working levers)
ac1536ca8f22ef1279a76b2404b8162f.jpg

Defense panel.

d8952cddcd566e13511fe7b7b14a7a74.jpg

To the lower deck. (We can't go down there)

Last edited:
Hey there Don --

Thanks for sharing, and excellent work there! I am sure us colonists welcome your goodies with open arms! LOL :wave:

Please let us know if they are at the DLS already or when?

Kind Regards!!! :)
Ish

Thank you Ish6.
I'm not ready to release the M1 yet. I want to have the rest of the train finished. I am close on the rest of the cars. There well be a M1 Command Unit, M2 Living Unit, 2 Power Units, Rear Command Unit, 24 Container Units, and the first 5 unit’s on the other end of the train all meant as a modular train with no need to switch cars. The Container Units well hold different containers depending on the load to carry. So fare I have a general good container, a ore container, and a liquids container. The containers well be loaded on the train using a automated container loading machine (interactive industry) that I do have a working prototype of. I just want to dress it up a bit. I just need to share some pic’s. I’m looking out one of the ship’s view ports right now and Marsz is starting to look pretty big. The captain said if all goes well, we’ll be on the surface in lease than a month. This is Don49plm signing off.

DON49PLM;bt2553 said:
Thank you Ish6.
I'm not ready to release the M1 yet. I want to have the rest of the train finished. I am close on the rest of the cars. There well be a M1 Command Unit, M2 Living Unit, 2 Power Units, Rear Command Unit, 24 Container Units, and the first 5 unit’s on the other end of the train all meant as a modular train with no need to switch cars. The Container Units well hold different containers depending on the load to carry. So fare I have a general good container, a ore container, and a liquids container. The containers well be loaded on the train using a automated container loading machine (interactive industry) that I do have a working prototype of. I just want to dress it up a bit. I just need to share some pic’s. I’m looking out one of the ship’s view ports right now and Marsz is starting to look pretty big. The captain said if all goes well, we’ll be on the surface in lease than a month. This is Don49plm signing off.

Good Morning Don --

Wow, your plate is full there, LOL ... Me, as well as the Colonist that followed this blog will be looking forward to your goodies --- Looking forward to seeing more screenies of your work in progress -- :wave:

Thanks for Sharing!!
Kind Regards! :)
Ish

Agreed, Keep it the mars blog. The desert layout could be that dry dusty mineral rich world just a star or two over. Also give ya a reason to combine old and new building and stuff. I.E.... old stuff built from local materials by early colonists and fancy new stuff fresh off the massive starship that has arrived. :cool:

Hrm

Hello Marsz-lings,
I just want to send soom tec-info ahead about the modular train I have made. I noticed that it a little tight in some of the buildings.
A little somthing to think about of use inside the air lock. Don49plm
a68b469d3f2f6d7532bb360581f4ea6f.jpg

Hello Marsz-lings
Here’s a piece I’m very happy with. It’s a switch machine that looks like a complete switch. I’m using it with the track I made to match MARSZ-I Maglev track (this is a new mess).This to me is the standard heavy Marsz track.
I have made my track with yellow and red strips. Red for the end of tracks for a warning to stop. And with out strips. And a chunky one for long straight areas.

The switch: I made a right hand and left hand with color changing direction marker so you can run your session with switch overlay off and still see the switch. The Maglev rail also moves back and forth to simulate the switch

How to use: First lay three pieces of straight track (use the straighten tool) fare enough apart as the switch is big. Two of them inline for the straight section through. One to the side for the turn. Replace the switch machine with the right hand or left hand then move the switch so it line up at the closed end. Rotate the switch to the proper direction and adjust the track on the other end of the switch so it all lines up. Be sure to switch to the turn to line that track. And there ya are. This Don49plm signing off. See you on Marsz soon. I forgot to mention the inviso track in the middle between the regular pieces of Maglev track that makes up the switch in the track itself.

860e2eafe8c4950d06c940e1bdf560fb.jpg

Last edited:
Hell Marsz-lings
I made a signal this evening to go along with the switches. It has the red, yellow, and green as a signal. It also has a white bar to indicate the switch direction. Don49plm signing off.
bfb33cbc96e224bfcc6f32e376861455.jpg

Back