Your Map Progress Pictures

kon1786201105300000.jpg

First shot(in Fullerton, California);

Those coaches are Horizon Class cars built by Budd and Bombardier. They are Amtrak's SD/MD variant of the Comet and Shoreliner Commuter Cars found on New Jersey and Metro North's commuter system. They are on the DLS by Driver8. Just search Amtrak, Horizon, or both.

The platform is a reskin of Vendel and Co.'s wonderful FMA platform set. They are based of of real photos.

In the second shot(Santa Fe Springs/Norwalk, California), these coaches are the successor's to the Horizon stock, the Amfleets, and they are affectionately known as 'Amcans' by some. They were first built by Budd until Bombardier purchased them out(?). They can be found at the AMTZ forums under Jefff944's beta section.

Also, the engine is the P42, maybe you already know a lil bit about that. You can find that specific kind, in Phase III, IV, and V at MGTrainz.

Black Diamond Railroad - Model Railroading

Fan Of Model Railroading therefore as getting back to route building:
( So far 98% my content, will have custom buildings matching some areas of the layout, and unlikely to be public release as unlikely return to content providing to the community )
From my understanding, my new host will have some products available soon ( unknown about current DLS Freeware ).

mcguirel201106110000.jpg

mcguirel201106110001.jpg

mcguirel201106110003.jpg

Has elevated curves for the tilt consist rule for more prototpical look. Has Freeware UltraTextures, Payware UltraGrass, Freeware Ultrashrubs, Freeware UltraWeeds,
Payware Performance Series UltraTreez, and Freeware UltraTrack that all have season changing capabilities.

Modelled after the following ( One of my Favorite O-Gauge Layouts ) but unknown if I'll ever finish due to time limited for this game anymore:
http://www.toytrainsontracks.com/Layout_page_4.html

Layout_Full_Img.jpg

cl13_800.JPG

y6_1_1050.JPG

K4_Yard_SSE.jpg

IMG_4212_op_800x600.jpg

Last edited:
The track plan is a pain in the you know what and may have to have alterations due to the limitations of Trainz. I have to do the 3DMax work for many buildings including the train station, so this is not even close to completion.

I have to learn how to make tunnel splines as well due to there is not a suitable DLS Tunnel with Single/Dual Track designs.

I am also going to attempt cliff assets (non-spline) for added detail and those should be fairly easy ( scenery splines are FPS killers in TS2010 and beyond ).

I am also making new SpeedTree Content for this route ( UltraTreez, UltraShrubs, and UltraWeeds ).

New Screenshots:

mcguirel201106110000.jpg

mcguirel201106110001.jpg

Last edited:
mcguirel, are you building it based on layout dimensions? That is the 32' layout length for O scale would be 1536' (470m) in Trainz. Or are you increasing it? Duplicating it to scale probably has some problems.

Bob Pearson

This route looks great no matter how big it is in scale.

My childhood dreams were filled with pamphlets from Lionel and American Flyer trains, and this brings back fond memories. Looking forward to your future screenshots ! :cool:

McGuirel you are sorely missed ... please return when you find the time ... You are truely one of the great creators in Trainz !

Back to the Future Part 3 in Trainz:

Hill Valley 1885:

The Switchtrack:

The point of no return:

The bridge (1885):

The 1985 Suspension Bridge over Eastwood Ravine:

The crossings, where the DeLorean time machine is finally destroyed:

Enjoy!

I can't wait to see a Fraps video of that scene ... I have all 3 "Back to the Future" videos ... and I love the way they all fit together, and repeat, with no real ending.

4+ years now, and just now I added one of the finishing touches -- Desert Trees! :wave:

On Open Plains

ish6_20110612_0003.jpg

Near Vulcan Refinery Industries

ish6_20110612_0002.jpg

Ish

Back