Would this laptop run Trainz: A New Era and TS 12?

darovski

Hi!

I'm going to buy myself a new laptop, an Asus G750JZ. I'm going for the model which suits my budget - i7 4700HQ, GTX880m with 4GB GDDR5, 1TB 7,2k HDD and 8 GB RAM.
I'd like to know if it's reasonable to expect that it will run TS12 and later, Trainz: A New Era atleast at some 40-ish FPS.

Apropos, is it "safe" to wait for a month or two, before pledging to Trainz: A New Era, and still get the goodies? (2 DLCs of choice + 1 year FCT)
Or would it sound like a better idea to wait for it's release and a discounted bundle at Epic Bundle?

Well you definitely have a great setup there, but I am not completely sure about T:ANE. I have not come to the conclusion about the recommended specs for that, but if your build doesn't run it, then probably 80% of the whole forum won't be able to run it and get good FPS, maybe even more. But for now, you will get some great performance on TS12, probably around 60-80 FPS on graphic demanding routes. I would be really surprised if you can't get 40 FPS on T:ANE though, but like I said, I am not 100% sure on this.

Mark

The Kickstarter campaign has ended so long ago you couldn't pledge even if you wanted. You can wait for the preorder but I doubt there are any "goodies" to be had there.

Yep. The 880M has shown to be on par with the desktop GTX 680's and 770's in terms of horse power... You'll be fine!

The Kickstarter campaign has ended so long ago you couldn't pledge even if you wanted. You can wait for the preorder but I doubt there are any "goodies" to be had there.
No need to be sarcastic, by placing quotation marks on the goodies.
"If you missed the Kickstarter closing time, you can still participate in the exciting journey to create Trainz: A New Era through our website using Credit Card or Paypal. Click on the Make a Pledge button below then choose your reward level. "
2-3 days ago I was still able to pledge. Even placed it onto my favourites so as not to forget about it. I love it how I miss stuff by 2-3 days. Every. Single. Time.

Anyway, thx for the replies guys, really appreciated.

Hi!

I'm going to buy myself a new laptop, an Asus G750JZ. I'm going for the model which suits my budget - i7 4700HQ, GTX880m with 4GB GDDR5, 1TB 7,2k HDD and 8 GB RAM.
I'd like to know if it's reasonable to expect that it will run TS12 and later, Trainz: A New Era atleast at some 40-ish FPS.

Apropos, is it "safe" to wait for a month or two, before pledging to Trainz: A New Era, and still get the goodies? (2 DLCs of choice + 1 year FCT)
Or would it sound like a better idea to wait for it's release and a discounted bundle at Epic Bundle?

Your laptop will be a beast, easily capable of running Trainz. It will probably be able to do a bit of time travel with those specs.

Back