would like to see the DL531's pour out lovely thick black smoke like the NSW 442's

silverymo99

I see and really like how the NSW 442's really give out the nice dirty black smoke:cool:, but so far the DL531 based locomotives like the SAR/AN 830's, the NSW 48's and 45's, and all other similar DL531 based locomotives have never been able to give off the real proper pall of dirty black smoke like they should and do when you go to any railyard and see the real ones in action, and see the pall of black oily smoke come from them. so somehow it seems that the creator of the NSW 442's has been able to make them give off the very real black smoke (looks real), but the DL531 type locomotives of which the AN 830 belongs, just doesn't come anywhere near being able to give off the real black smoke, and I do understand that this is done in the smoke line in the config, even though from time to time I have copied the particular figures in that part of the config, I have never been able to get the real thick black stuff.... would this have something to do with the engine spec as well?....

The 531,s in TRS 12 take a real dislike to one changeing their engine or horn sounds, which we could all get away with doing in earlier versions of TRS, but try doing that, or making the 830's, 48;s etc look filthy dirty and even rusty like we used to be able cannont be done, because the new way of reskinning or adding weathering to your rolling stock is no longer done using bmp, or tga, but they can only be reskinned using .IM file editors, I have a feeling that you can do .IM files in PSP, but maybe not....

some rolling stock can still be done this way in the old .bmp way, but an increasing number of new assets now are created and reskinned using the. IM file. I did go and find that .IM file editing program, but could not make head nor tail of how to use it... and very soon deleted it.... but yes, the NSW 442 classes have really good black smoke and always have, right from the early days of TRS....

Can you still get Trainz Classics 3 with TRS 2006 etc in it?... It is not in the new Simulator Central, and if you click on Auran shop now you are taken straight to the new Simulator Central, where all the Jointed Rail packages are....

Ok I think you have the wrong end of the stick some where?.

There is no way to edit the .IM files and there was never a way to edit the old .PM format files either. I have no idea what you are doing but to re skin you do not need to touch the .IM files in anyway. You do need to edit the .TGA files and the process to do this had not changed form the dawn of trainz. There is no approved software to edit .IM files and the editing of .IM files is very much frowned upon and is a big no no. Some content do use a compressed format but there is a great and easy tool to use to open them.

There is nothing to stop you from chaining the horns sounds, engine sounds and in fact using the content manager it is way easier that it every was.

It dose take a little bit to get used to the new way of doing things.

No there is no TC3 with TRS2006 in it and pretty sure there never was.

Back