working on my animated conveyor again

leeferr

thanks for the memories
I thought that I had lost the mesh during a Gmax crash, but I found a copy of it hidden away in a backup that I'd forgotten about. I've begun work on it again. It's a way's from being complete, but here's a progress shot for those interested.

conveyor.jpg

I had'n thought about that, but I'll think about how to do it. When I'm done with this, it will have a pile of stock at the end with a plume of dust and a small pile of stock at the bottom end to load. I wish I knew how to make it interactive, but that's beyond me.

Very Interesting!

Question: Will it convey Coal, Stone, Ore? Will it come in different sizes and textures?

I can think of 1001 uses for such conveyers.

Great Project:)

I plan on doing one each for coal, stone and iron ore. I may do one for scrap metal also. Apache62 made a suggestion for hay bales and I'll give that some thought.

oooo, very nice ive been waiting for this for a long time. Another idea you might find interesting is a woodchip(?) conveyor found in woodyards across the southeast like this one that used to be served by the Georgia RR.
http://rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=189252 sorry for the crappy pic lol
i think the conveyor loaded woodchip cars as it is right where the tracks used to be. if you need another project, i think a good woodyard wood be great for us southern trainzers:)

ooh, scrap yard one would be nice. I could find several uses for a scrap conveyor.
Cheers,
Sean

I've uploaded 4 versions of the conveyor. Coal, Limestone, Iron Ore and Scrap Metal. Should be on the DLS soon. Here's a shot of the Iron Ore Conveyor. The conveyor belt is animated (well, the best that I could do) and the material discharging at the top of the belt is animated.

iron_ore_conveyor.jpg

Lefeere, could you do a special type of conveyor?
I am in search of a conveyor that transloads grain from silos, to ships, which is a part of a port railway i am constructing.
Thanks, and Cheers,
Sean

not relatively, but i am sure i can find some.
Cheers,
Sean
EDIT: Found a pic, i am starting to think its quite a hard task :cool:
SKN.jpg

That is one example of a grain unloader...
I think this was too big of a request:eek: :(
Cheers.

I thought that I had lost the mesh during a Gmax crash, but I found a copy of it hidden away in a backup that I'd forgotten about. I've begun work on it again. It's a way's from being complete, but here's a progress shot for those interested.

conveyor.jpg

Wow! It finally! Please keep up, I can't wait but please don't forget add the ballast color it like gray, ok.

I've got 4 on the DLS. One each for coal, limestone, scrap and iron ore.
By request, I've retextured one for sand and it's been uploaded.

Your conveyors are perfect! :)

Is their anyway you could make a second set of conveyors that are the same design but about 1/2 the size?

Back