Windows 8.1 and Trainz

Dap

Prototype Operations Guru
I just bought a new high end computer to maximize my Trainz experience. The operating system is Windows 8.1. My old system was Windows XP.

In the past when I would run a session in Trainz and then want to check on a few things that happened in the session, I would take a look at the jetlog .txt file. With Windows 8.1, it seems there is no longer a jetlog.txt file being saved. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

David

I just bought a new high end computer to maximize my Trainz experience. The operating system is Windows 8.1. My old system was Windows XP.

In the past when I would run a session in Trainz and then want to check on a few things that happened in the session, I would take a look at the jetlog .txt file. With Windows 8.1, it seems there is no longer a jetlog.txt file being saved. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

David

There should be two: one in the Trainz folder and another in the bin folder. One of them is locked, I forget which, while CM is running. I have Win 8.1 and the files are there but I didn't install Trainz in the default location but on another drive. I rarely look at those files these days as I use Andi's MessageBox script to aid debugging of my scripts.

Paul,

Thanks for your reply. Where would I find Andi's Messagebox script. Did a search in CM and didn't find it.

David

Paul,

Thanks for your reply. Where would I find Andi's Messagebox script. Did a search in CM and didn't find it.

David

This thread. It may not help for session activity as per your original post but its very useful for debugging scripts.

Back