White dashed lines in Trainz 2009

dash56

Hi everyone,

I am new to Trainz and so far I am very happy with the programme.

However I have an issue with some routes I've downloaded from the DLS.

I see several white dashed lines at the sides of the rails. Also, yellow crossed lines. Can anyone tell me what's going on and if there is a solution?

BTW, I am writing from Chile, S.Am., so please understand that English is not my native language

Best regards and thanks in advance

Last edited:
White dashed lines are where a splined asset is missing and a default replacement is placed. Basically you are missing some things for the route.

Yellow crossed lines are the underlining grid of a baseboard. Either the creator missed texturing ( placing grass or dirt ) the area or you are missing some texture assets.

White dashed lines are where a splined asset is missing and a default replacement is placed. Basically you are missing some things for the route.

Yellow crossed lines are the underlining grid of a baseboard. Either the creator missed texturing ( placing grass or dirt ) the area or you are missing some texture assets.

Thanks for your prompt comments Nickel, but how can I know what asset is missing? :confused:

Hello Dash56,

Welcome to the wonderful world of Trainz - a magical, wonderful place!:D

To find out if objects (assets) are missing, start TS2009 and select "Content" to launch CMP - Content Manager Plus to show all the content in the game. Use the Filters to find the map / session you are interested in as follows:
- Click on Search to activate that area
- Click on Clear to ensure a new search
- click on the little + sign button
- It will likely default to "name" - or at least always does on my system and click the down arrow beside it and choose "location"
- In the box to the right of Location select "Local"
- Click the + sign button again to create a second line of selection criteria
- Select "Category" then in right hand box select "routes"
- Click the "Apply" button and you will now have a list all the routes stored in the local database - find the route you are interested in and click once to select it.
- Right hand Click on the route and select "View Dependencies" and a new window will open showing you all the dependencies for the route and at the bottom will tell you the number of broken, missing, unknown and available on the DLS.
- Anything in the list with a ? mark is missing or unknown and anything with an exclamation mark has errors.

List what you find here and we will try to help fix the problems.

Have Fun

Bricey

Hi dash56: Start with the launcher, click on the content manager, find your layout that you downloaded..right click on the name of layout, pop up should occur, go to View dependencies and click..That should show you your dependencies..Then what I would suggest is then go Google and see where they are..Welcome to the forum..

Bob Cass:) :)

Dash, the easiest way to get as many of the dependencies as possible is to take the route and place it in the download helper on the left hand side of CM. It will search the DLS for any items that are missing that are on the DLS. Press the start button and the download helper will get you everything that it can find on the DLS.

One thing on this forum that is easily available is help and advice. Good place to ask questions. Welcome aboard.

Any dependencies that show up unknown, it's a good idea to double check them via the Download Station website interface, there are some the CMP won't find, either due to bugs or because an object used to be on the DLS but is not available for download anymore.

To search for unknown assets on the website interface do this:
1. Click the Download Station link on the bar near the top of this page.
2. Put a check in the box in front of all the trainz versions.
3. Select the KUID button and paste/type the first two number sets with colon. (If it's a KUID2 with a second colon and third number set, you can leave that off as that's a version indicator and you'll want the latest version anyways.)

For example if the KUID was <kuid:33234:5424> you would paste 33234:5424 into the search box. You can copy a list of objects to the clipboard from the View Dependencies window (and other similar windows) by using ctrl+click and/or shift+click to select multiple items, right click, and choose Copy. I then paste that into a Notepad window so I can get rid of the junk that isn't needed.

4. If searching the DLS for an unknown asset doesn't find it, then you try pasting those same numbers into Google.
5. If all else fails, you can try posting a list of missing assets on the forum and people will likely try and help you find them.

As an additional note, if you search the DLS website for just the first number (or do a CMP search using the Author filter and the first number with a # in front of it) you'll be able to find any objects they put on the DLS. If you can find out who the author is, it can help in finding out where to get their non-DLS items.

Back