Where to place my videos besides you tube

Thorinoakin

Colonel Klink
Good morning everyone.
Just another question:eek:
where can i place my videos besides you tube because fraps says its too big for a you tube load up or is their a help tool about how to get my trains video's from Fraps into you tube without its being to big?:confused:
keywords:
Big - mega byts

Last edited:
I'm not sure whether "big" means size in Megabyte or size in pixels, but you best bet is to use "Windows Movie Maker" to import the file and then export it as something smaller.

Otherwise, you could try Google Video.

Cheers,
John

I use fraps free version, I also use Windows Movie Maker, it comes with XP service pack 2, there can't be too many computers out there without it these days, especially if your online and running Trainz.

youtube only allows a 100 mb upload, your average 30 second AVI is about 250 to 350 mb, way more than youtube allows, also, youtube won't allow you to upload anything longer than 10 minutes in length, this is where Windows Movie Maker comes in real handy, it also costs a lot less than specialized software to convert your AVI files to mpeg4.

Open your windows movie maker, which can be found in the start menu in programs, it may look a little confusing at first, but it gets easy once you get used to the controls.

You have 2 ways of viewing the movie files your importing, storyboard and timeline, while importing AVI's, you need to use the storyboard, this helps you put your different AVI's in a particular order.

Then you will want to use video transitions, once you click on that, you have a whole library of transitions you can use, these just drag and drop between each of your AVI files, you can also not use any transitions, but they do make the transition from one AVI or scene to the next easier for the viewer.

If you want to import audio such as music or voiceover, then you switch to the timeline mode, import the music or audio you want, also the audio or sounds that are recorded on your AVI's can be deleted or muted, but that isn't necessary, you can also leave the existing sounds alone and not bother to import any audio.

you can also make titles and credits both at the beginning and the end of your movie, and just about anywhere in between.

Once you have your movie where you want it, then you will want to save it to your computer, all of these controls are included in Windows Movie Maker, here some examples of my movies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDTZr8Ka4nM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGvtAxdoFho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShepHVrBDFo

As you can see, it isn't impossible, you just need to know how to use the tools you have on hand, trust me, I spent several weeks looking for software that was affordable to convert and connect my AVI's to something I could upload on youtube, and it turns out that I had it all along..............:):):)

well I'm still working on it :D
but thank you for all your help everyone!:wave:
I'm following your instruction's throughly:p
but i have seen some peoples videos with the min on 2 mins + like the one with the Who music playing I think it was MuttsMooch
video

Last edited:
250mb for 30 seconds? I'm curious to what resolution that is captured at. For I made a 1 minute 4 second Blender movie in AVI that was 11mb at most.

Cheers,
John

Screenie

Well, I tried 1 wthout widows and one with it how come its Train Video.MSWMM With the winndows how could i make it wave or what ever the video one is?
000ve4.png

Are you doing your AVI's in 30 second spots? Or do you have the full version of fraps? if you run it through Windows Movie Maker, it will fully convert your video into wmv format, which would be acceptable to youtube...:eek:)

250mb for 30 seconds? I'm curious to what resolution that is captured at. For I made a 1 minute 4 second Blender movie in AVI that was 11mb at most.

Cheers,
John

Thats just what fraps captures it at, I was surprized as well the first time I tried uploading one onto youtube, I must have spent a couple of weeks looking for free software to convert, connect, and change the size of the AVI files, and all along it was right there on my comp.....:):):)

Well, I tried 1 wthout widows and one with it how come its Train Video.MSWMM With the winndows how could i make it wave or what ever the video one is?

MSWMM is only a save for the collections in movie maker, they don't go anywhere else, the option you want to choose is "Save To My Computer",
notice where my curser is sitting in this pic.

mm1.jpg

And here are the instructions telling you how to do just that.

mm2.jpg

When all else fails, read the instructions...........:):):)

Back