Whats The best course of action to return to Trainz?

Another thought - some versions of Windows block files from unknown sources. Check this using right-click > Properties, and look for an Unblock button.

Shane

Hi! Talk about a "Star Trek"! How about a "Trainz Trek"?

Shaneturner12 Gets The cookies this time:D

You were spot on!! But, Auran cant be said to be Jo Blogs down the road, so Why on earth in 3 years should win7 block all these parts as coming from an unknown source, When obviously its coming from a trusted or verified commercial Company. I never known this to happen, thats why I was really thrown by this incident.

Ok All installed, apart from one update, that Failed, "says my Trainz is out of date" so try and update it get "fail", not sure if its a critical update, But haven't found anything so far, that makes Trainz do anything weird so far.

Got my DLS ticket for 3 months, thankfully that worked first time, unlike couple years ago.

So Im off and running with 2010 version, and Im impressed with all the latest content, especially a class 66 freight liner I aquired, beautifully rendered!

But my main Juicy content, is the amount of Airport and Aircraft now available. I already made 3 Virtual Airports in Second life, so Im in my element here:). Can see me spending a lot of time, creating Manchester Airport, that I frequently visit.
Astoundingly Some ones's made a nice Model of the "Flybe" Dash8 Turbo prop, Which is one of the most common Airlines using Manchester Airport, Its call sign if you here it on a scanner, is "Jersey", Thats the first part of the Company Name when it was founded, way down in Exeter.

Also Theres a Monarch Airlines Plane which may be an Airbus or Boeing, Not sure, cos I was scrolling down in excitement, all these wonderful planes, including an Embraer, Light jet, used By Flybe also, But BA has some on regional routes. Jet2 also is also busy Airline At Manchester. "Turkish", Also another Liveried model in DLS frequently departs and arrives from Turkey with sun tanned Brits. Air Transat, Aer Lingus, easyjet, Etiahad, Egypt Air, all In the DLS waiting to populate my Westcoastmainline Land.

Have some catching up to do with how these planes are set to fly, and a host of new things I havent tried yet, so better get on with it.

If I get stuck on something, I will use the normal Forums and try use answers already given if not, Then may post a thread if need be, Much later I will post a few screenshots on how its coming along.

Thanks to all the contributers to this thread. I wouldn't be on the rails now if it wasn't for you guys:D

Mike

No problem - it's one of those Windows peculiarities that Windows does sometimes (and it's not just Trainz - any file that is downloaded from the Internet without a digital certificate being present in the file can have that happen.

For most technical issues, I may well have the answer as I've played most versions of the game as can be seen from my timeline.

Shane

Well, seems nothing has changed since 2004, since I lost 6 months of my Maincoastwestline Build back in 2004.
Same thing has happened again, only 24 hours After I restarted.

Todays opening of my layout, has nothing But a bit of texture on the boards, Nothing is there, all 24 hours work Done up to 11pm last night, all gone. All I did is save Westcoastmainline session and overwrite as per normal, after placing the parcel force vans and The Sorting depot, before going to bed. The whole 8 track Preston through station with all the interior buildings, signs, phones, taxis, people, Multistory car park has been deleted. All that remains, is 2 parts of a spline road bridge, the middle span has completely gone, 8 pieces of track that were connected to the station, thats it, no vehicles, no nothing, restarted it 10 times, just gone, and so Am I, cant be doing with a faulty program that cant even save a session without it deleting everything in it.

I once had a huge layout in 2004, but backed it up onto a disc,which was recommended in these forums way back, But when that layout went missing, even the saved session on the Disc, wouldnt load it back, so sorry, Not going all through that again until Auran has another way of safeguarding your Layouts, so they never get deleted for no reason.

Very disappointed Trainz is still so unstable, even after all these years, it cant even load 1 block, with a station, a few vans, a couple of taxis 1 building, and one bridge. Its almost laughable if I hadnt paid 3 months DL ticket and got the 2010 version.

Back to playing online games it seems.:confused:

Back