What's Happening to the Content Creators?

I could understand this, but it wouldn't hurt for them to tell me that.

I've had quite a few requests that people have made of me, and I've always tried to reply to them one way or another. I will admit, I do tend to drift in my work..... sometimes, I get to it right away, sometimes I am busy and it will take a while (and I do try to tell them that up front..."I've got 5 other things on the burner so it may take me a while to get back around to it" or whatever), but I do try to keep them in the loop. I just hate the "no response" thing. Of course, to say you will and then just disappear is wrong. If something comes up (or interest is lost), courtesy dictates "Hey....I've got other things that have come up", "I'm running behind, and it will take me a while to get to it", or "I'm just not interested in doing this anymore." Don't just leave someone hanging like that...........

yea only the part under your quotes was addressed to you dont get excited.

to me the original question was "what happened to content creators? they dont want to help anyone anymore"

I'm not getting excited. A difference of opinion does not mean that I'm getting excited about it. I've made plenty of content at the request of other members and have no apology to make because I choose not to create any longer. Maybe I'll decide to create again at some point, but some of the PM's and emails that I've gotten in the past because I wouldn't or didn't have the time to create something for them inclines me not to bother.

Mike

Having had to respond to alot of support questions in my time I know how tedious and difficult it can be to write a concise and thorough tutorial.

This is why I was suggesting split them between a group of creators who could come together as a group to provide small ones at a time, just helpful hints, that the reader can take away and apply to their craft as an answer to many questions. Of course this is heavily dependant on enough of us being interested and from each of the major software series, myself being in the 3DS Max camp, if Blender is has indeed changed trhat much from when the last tutorials were penned then maybe its time for some new ones of those as well?

There seems to be several conversations going on here but all loosely related to the original question - I guess. :)

I will volunteer to write some more tutorials as I already have a couple in mind. But it will have to be in my own time and to my own schedule. These will be for Blender. I'd also like to try writing some Python code to automatically create "Trainz related widgets" in Blender because that sort of thing appeals to me.

I'm also keen to help out with the hints suggestion. These could take the form of added hints to topics in the TrainzDev WiKi or standalone hints in a 3DSMax, GMax or Blender section. There are some HowTo sections there already but sparsely populated.

We may have to ask N3V about this - probably Chris (WindWalker). I can do that.

I'm not getting excited. A difference of opinion does not mean that I'm getting excited about it. I've made plenty of content at the request of other members and have no apology to make because I choose not to create any longer. Maybe I'll decide to create again at some point, but some of the PM's and emails that I've gotten in the past because I wouldn't or didn't have the time to create something for them inclines me not to bother.

Mike

you replied with 'i never said' referring to things that were not addressed to you. if i really have to explain every bit of it... the opinion that you have that i disagree with is that the wiki is useless. i really dont care if you think it is or that you wont create anymore. i was just saying that is your opinion if the wiki's usefulness. i also said that if you didnt like the demands people made you didnt have to deal with it, just do what you like. it really doesnt even matter anymore since the both of the points obviously went missed more than once.

:wave:

you replied with 'i never said' referring to things that were not addressed to you. if i really have to explain every bit of it... the opinion that you have that i disagree with is that the wiki is useless. i really dont care if you think it is or that you wont create anymore. i was just saying that is your opinion if the wiki's usefulness. i also said that if you didnt like the demands people made you didnt have to deal with it, just do what you like. it really doesnt even matter anymore since the both of the points obviously went missed more than once.

:wave:

No, I didn't miss your comment about the Wiki. I just didn't care to respond to it. There's been many posts here on the forums about the wiki to no avail, but I'll repeat one of my problems with the wiki here just for argument's sake. I personally like to be able to sit down at my leisure and study the creation guide without having to sit in front of a computer screen and search from page to page just to get where I finally need to be and get an answer that the info that I'm looking for is still under development. There's many other problems that I have with the wiki, but I'm just not going to beat a dead horse. If you love the wiki, then that's great, but I happen to hate it. Again, an opinion.

Mike

Well, right now, they appear to be arguing!:hehe:

Really guys, two well respected members and creators; it's beneath you both. I understand the nature of posting to a forum invariably leads to misunderstandings and then begs clarification, and sometimes dissolves into semantics. It's not as free flowing as a casual conversation and there are no visual cues to augment the discussion.

Whatever the reason for continuing or discontinuing content creation, you all are entitled to them, but when it's all said and done the muse will lead you.

Happily, I'm not a content creator, more of a content modifier, and consequently I have no opinion to offer.

Well, many months have gone by since the last post on this thread. So far, I have three "Looking for..." threads out there that have gone unanswered. All the folks that said they wanted to help with the project have gone with the exception of Jananton. I've been slowly learning how to create content myself...actually I'm just beginning to scratch the surface on all the things I need to learn to make the detailed layout I've been planning. I'm basically starting my project over again because I feel I can do a better job then I did the first time. It's a real slow-go at this time, the new layout hasn't even been started yet.
I'm still looking for creators to join in this hobby as a group for this project and other future projects to come. I just need to find where they all are because they don't seem to be here anymore.

I'll give it one more try to get a group together so look for one more "looking for"...post.

Back