What is going on with the Trainz Forum?

Was the change mentioned in their regular newsletter? I can't recall seeing it. I had to join the Discorder Server (which I was trying to avoid) in order to find out what was going on. Thought it was a repeat of 2006.
I dreamed last night that the DLS had all the useless crap removed and only had A1 standard routes on it. Sadly I looked today and its the same old tatt and mobile 3 pieces of track being called a layout. !

I am more surprised even moderators were not informed about this whole forum change (or involved in testing things).
Curious to know what's happening with Screenshot Comps. The last competition closed a little over two weeks ago (Aug 7th) with a single entry. Perhaps the Forum/Comps reset is still a W.I.P. (!?).

I'm sorry, but I don't understand. What filters and what date column? Which forum page are you referring to?
If you click on search, then advanced search, you will see options to search by date. If you click on search threads, additional options are possible.

That doesn't work - try it.
Just did it again, only a * in the advanced keyword box and today's date in the Newer than date box.
wildcard_search.JPG

and the results
wildcard_results.JPG

Last edited:
What has happened to PMs? I wanted to send someone a PM, but when I went to my Inbox it only said, "Start a new conversation". I tried that, but when I went to submit it, it said I could not start a conversation with that user. Do we need prior permissions now? How do we get permissions if we cannot contact the user?

What has happened to PMs? I wanted to send someone a PM, but when I went to my Inbox it only said, "Start a new conversation". I tried that, but when I went to submit it, it said I could not start a conversation with that user. Do we need prior permissions now? How do we get permissions if we cannot contact the user?
That worked okay for me. I just sent you a test message.

The previous version DID NOT work just fine. They needed better spam protection and mobile version. They have yet to announce it in email but they did announce it in Discord that the forums are up.

Zec also said that the choices were upgrade or no forums on Discord.
Apologies, yes of course, better security

They didn't update your bookmarks. They (temporarily) created redirects, so you might want to (read "should") update your bookmarks so they are fixed if they remove those redirects!

Back