What is going on with the Trainz Forum?

Little_Boy921

Route Building Rocks
Im confused because the a tab with the forum on my computer is still showing a "We are currently performing maintenance on the Trainz Forums, please check back later" screen yet this site exists and is technically the fourms. But any forum thread links dont lead to this site but to a 404 page. Is this a new forum? Is this the same one but updated? Im legit lost -_-

Well, what's going on with the search function because you used to be able to bring up all the new posts since you last logged on, or for the last week, month etc. Now it seems to want a keyword or user? (And no, 'New Posts' isn't good enough as it times out after about an hour and then only lists posts since you started your current session. I want to be able to see new posts posted after a specific date - can search still do this?)

Paul

Hopefully they fix the google search issue. Trying to rectify an issue i have and the solution apparently 'doesn;t exist' anymore (404 error)

Use a wild card * in the keyword slot when searching "newer than" date in Advanced search.
You also have
What's new, New posts, Your news feed and Latest activity at the top of the forum main page.

The forum location changed so you need to delete any saved tabs, bookmarks, etc.
Great, so my hundreds of bookmarks with valuable info, tips, releases, etc are now worthless (outside of searching all the post titles, individually). Fantastic. All this for some like buttons and pointless 'trophies?'

Great, so my hundreds of bookmarks with valuable info, tips, releases, etc are now worthless (outside of searching all the post titles, individually). Fantastic. All this for some like buttons and pointless 'trophies?'
Now now, be positive, remember , there were hundreds of us clamoring for them to revamp the forum and to leave the DLS issues as they were , its really comforting to know how NV3 responds swiftly to satisfy all customer demand /s
I'm sure quite a lot of users still think the forum is down as NV3 haven't bothered to let anyone know of its return, presumably they are relying on the process of osmosis for the news to trickle down and percolate throughout the net,much more efficient than sending out a newsletter informing the user base that its back !!!!!!;)

Now now, be positive, remember , there were hundreds of us clamoring for them to revamp the forum and to leave the DLS issues as they were , its really comforting to know how NV3 responds swiftly to satisfy all customer demand /s
I'm sure quite a lot of users still think the forum is down as NV3 haven't bothered to let anyone know of its return, presumably they are relying on the process of osmosis for the news to trickle down and percolate throughout the net,much more efficient than sending out a newsletter informing the user base that its back !!!!!!;)
Was the change mentioned in their regular newsletter? I can't recall seeing it. I had to join the Discorder Server (which I was trying to avoid) in order to find out what was going on. Thought it was a repeat of 2006.

Haha, you had me in the beginning. For real though, what company takes their forum down for a week to change to a new system without any notice before or afterwards!? I'm all for Trainz as much as (almost) anyone else here, but N3V continually make decisions that are baffling to say the least. At least it's not surprising at this point.

Check your 'watched' tab. I found all my bookmarked posts there.

Haha, you had me in the beginning. For real though, what company takes their forum down for a week to change to a new system without any notice before or afterwards!? I'm all for Trainz as much as (almost) anyone else here, but N3V continually make decisions that are baffling to say the least. At least it's not surprising at this point.
They work in mysterious ways .

Well... there was some room for improvement.
Also on this new version, but I assume they eventually will.

The previous version DID NOT work just fine. They needed better spam protection and mobile version. They have yet to announce it in email but they did announce it in Discord that the forums are up.

Zec also said that the choices were upgrade or no forums on Discord.

Last edited:
It might be possible to rewrite old booksmarks for the new forum.
Example of an old bookmark:
Code:
https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?159863-Running-numbers-gone-on-ES44-after-switching-fx_loco-gs-script-to-JR_loco-gs-script
Rewritten for the new forum:
Code:
https://forums.auran.com/threads/Running-numbers-gone-on-ES44-after-switching-fx_loco-gs-script-to-JR_loco-gs-script.159863/
Replaced trainz with threads
Deleted showthread.php?
Moved the (post)number 159863 to the end, adding a dot (.) in front of it, and a slash (/) behind it
Removing the - following the 159863

Peter

Code:
https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?159863-Running-numbers-gone-on-ES44-after-switching-fx_loco-gs-script-to-JR_loco-gs-script
Code:
https://forums.auran.com/threads/Running-numbers-gone-on-ES44-after-switching-fx_loco-gs-script-to-JR_loco-gs-script.159863/
Deleted showthread.php?
Moved the (post)number 159863 to the end, adding a dot (.) in front of it, and a slash (/) behind it

Peter
Peter, that works a treat. Copied your info to a readme file and saved it.
They should make your post a sticky.

:) (y)

Code:
Code:
Deleted showthread.php?

Peter
Great as it is for YOU to post this hint, why do we have to rely on the humble users for this info?

Well, what's going on with the search function because you used to be able to bring up all the new posts since you last logged on, or for the last week, month etc. Now it seems to want a keyword or user? (And no, 'New Posts' isn't good enough as it times out after about an hour and then only lists posts since you started your current session. I want to be able to see new posts posted after a specific date - can search still do this?)

Paul
Use the Filters function on the top right of the date column to filter base upon age of posts.

Back