what does this mean please? Help please

I rebuilt my layout, since I goofed and deleted it accidently, That Darn delete button really needs moved. (HINT HINT to N3V)
well, rebuilt it, but then when I added some locos and rolling stock it launches but does nothing. Now it is listed as faulty on the quick launch and to edit though it will let me in, but nothing works. T
When checking the faults, I get the following:

Validating <kuid2:471514:100036>
Worldlist:ValidatebackingStoreFiles>missing file:mapfile_0_1.vts
VE:Integrrity check failure on mapfile+index.vtys., One or more route/session tiles may be missing.

So, can and how to repair this or does it mean start over AGAIN :confused:

This isn't a good sign, and it leads me to think that the route is stuffed.

The good news is you do have built in backups. Every time you edit something in Trainz, a backup is made. The file is tucked away and put in into a folder under backups based on the day. These folders are kept for 7-days before they're deleted with the oldest folder going first.

You can restore this route, or you can do yourself even better and restore the previous one you deleted.

In summary, go to the date where you deleted that route.
Look for the file .tzarc with the name and kuid, do not copy the folder which will not work.

The largest ones are full routes, the smaller ones are interim pieces which you can't use.

Copy the file to the edit folder.

Make sure Trainz is closed back to the launcher.

Run a database repair.

This should restore the route.

OK, Yes, I'm being a total dumb$$$ here I'm sure . I found the file in the backup, (Finally) but for the life of me I am not finding an "edit" folder in either the apdata/N3V area or the program files/N3v area. Could it be named something else please or am I just missing it?

Got it Fixed,, Thank you a million

Should anyone else have this happen, I took the above advice, Found the file though in the back up from a few days back. Copied the entire file of the layout in question to my desk top. Went to "manage content" and opened the faulty file in the "Edit" there choosing "open" then "show in explorer" Once the file was open, I pasted the missing file into that folder, and then saved it using "submit edits" NOTE: The file still showed as faulty. I closed "Manage content" and then launched the program through "start Trainz" Then I chose "Driver then "Edit route" and it came up fully functional.

Thank you a MILLION JCITRON

Last edited:
I have several backups of my routes/sessions. In Content Manager, you can search on your route and export it to a CDP file. Then, if need be, simply import it in Content Manager. If you still have the route/session installed, the import will be marked as Open For Editing. Highlight it/them, right click, and submit edits.

Backups are a good thing. I not only make periodic backups to CDPs when I'm doing major edits, I also do weekly backups to a backup hard drive, which are replaced by a full back up at the end of the month. Eventually, I copy all the CDPs to my external drive and I have gone back to those on occasion when I've found a previous version of the route, I was working on to be better than the current one. It was one of these backups that allowed me to recover a route which I thought I had destroyed. After restoring the old one, I was able to delete the bad section and merge the replacement back into its place.

In the olden days, I was a computer operator then later a network admin responsible for backups and setting up a backup routine has been embedded into my DNA.

Back