We have a copyist posting content to the DLS that is not theirs.

narrowgauge

92 year oldTrainz veteran
It was pointed out to me that my 30 VR Garratt had been uploaded to the DLS under another KUID. (Thanks Malc for the heads-up).

Look for it under 'Loco 30 VR G42 Garratt - <KUID:542976:100707>' user name 'GRAMMA'.

Mine is <kuid2:44700:920542:2> username 'Narrowgauge'.

You will note that the config is a word for word copy of mine only the KUID and user name has been changed. I was not asked for permission to do this.

This is not only my problem. There are ~240 other copies by the same user featuring content by other well known creators, all uploaded on or around 14/10 (10:14)

Peter

I noticed he is doing this with a LOT of Content.

Fill out a ticket with the help desk for your content. Usually they will only deal with your content BUT it think if you can show that he is doing this to a lot of people they may deal with it all.

Fill out a ticket with the help desk for your content. Usually they will only deal with your content BUT it think if you can show that he is doing this to a lot of people they may deal with it all.

Already done.

Peter

Thanks all. If a few creators contact the helpdesk regarding this, we can look at removing all content from a specific user as this does give us enough proof that they have uploaded multiple people's content without permission. This has been done in the past a few times.

I will look at these reports on Monday :)

Regards
Zec

I noticed this guy had some of Dave's (Davesnow) content as well. However, that was earlier this year.

EDIT: did a search and it's still there, along with content from pweiser, etc.

Last edited:
I noticed he has done some of SPorBUST's stuff.

As I am currently the only one authorized to repair his stuff... I wonder if I can submit a trouble ticket on it...

I checked and see if he copied any of my content and he hasn't. Also, if you look at the description of "his" uploads, they mention someone called 'Smoky 1997'. I don't know if that's important or not, but I'd figure I'd point that out.
Also, if he did upload my stuff, I'd send in a ticket also. However, then I'll wait until his username appears at the bottom of the Forums page showing who's online, then bombard his inbox with PM's telling him to take "his" uploads down. If he replied saying something like "but . . . but . . . I didn't do anything wrong . . . ", well, I'll leave it at that.

You won't get much joy if you try to PM contact him/her. His inbox is closed. I tried that.

These aren't repairs, nothing is changed except the user details. in my case the config has my email address, everything is mine except the KUID.

The helpdesk need the affected creators themselves to complain, they can't act on third party complaints.

Peter

Thank you Narrowgauge for the info. I'll keep an eye on this user to see if he touches any of my content.

Hey guys I think I know who it is. If you want to know PM me as I don't want to put names as I don't know if its against the rules

If you are certain that you know who it is then contact him privately and suggest that he asks N3V to remove all his copied uploads. Do not post the name or any details here.

Peter

If you are certain that you know who it is then contact him privately and suggest that he asks N3V to remove all his copied uploads. Do not post the name or any details here.

Peter
Already did that. I'l just hopping that he'll understand what troubles he can get into

Last edited:
Thanks for pointing this out.

He managed to re-upload one of my assets. Which is great, as I might be able to do something with that (have to double check my license on that asset).
Will look into that in a few hours when I am behind my gaming PC.

However, then I'll wait until his username appears at the bottom of the Forums page showing who's online, then bombard his inbox with PM's ...
Sounds like a complete waste of time and it could get yourself banned from the forum.
Send in a Helpdesk ticket (if applicable) and let Zec do his work.

Slenderman.

Copyright is not really the problem, no-one would take an action like this to court, it is more about 'courtesy' which should have been something he considered. If I walked into his house, picked up a family photo, wrote my name all over it, and then flogged it off at the market, he would be quite rightly upset.

His ignorance is no excuse for his actions. I would like to know what his excuse is. Telling us that and apologizing might be beneficial to his future.

Peter

Back