WANTED: Free Web Hosting Needed

Isaacg

WANTED: Free web hosting that is compatible with programs such as FrontPage, Web Page Creator(Yes, thats the title of the software), etc.

I've tried places like Freewebs and Geocities, but they're not up to my standards. I'm trying to find a good company that has the feature of using FrontPage and those other programs that I mentioned. The website in question is the Metropolitan Trainz Works(Group modelling the F59PHI and Not well known) official website. If anyone out there can answer for me, I'd be glad.

Isaac

Have you looked at awardspace?

Cheers
Dave

I'm not an internet coding person, nor am I familiar with putting FrontPage extensions or whatever they are. Can you tell me how to do that? I'm using Webpage Creator V2.

Isaac

I'm not an internet coding person, nor am I familiar with putting FrontPage extensions or whatever they are. Can you tell me how to do that? I'm using Webpage Creator V2.

Isaac

'fraid not. I'm an HTML codehead so I don't use any tools for creating sites other than a text editor and a graphics program. :(

If you have managed to create your site on your own machine then you could always ask the various hosting companies whether they support it. Bit radical I know.

Cheers
Dave

WANTED: Free web hosting that is compatible with programs such as FrontPage, Web Page Creator(Yes, thats the title of the software), etc.
...cut...
Isaac

If you save the pages as .html files, then they should be compatible with any web server, and the web hosting company should provide a basic editor that will change the pages on the site for you.

Anyway, I would recommend against using frontpage as it is a load of crud.

HTH,

Back