Want to hop a train? The company you keep:

is it not ironic ? money ...money...everywhere...but not a dime to spare.....
Would be interesting to have an honest poll to find out how many of those who have in abundance will give even 1% of their riches to help the poor, instead of all the useless talks and leaving everything to the man in the street and volanteers to try and sort out...We need a million Robin Hoods instead of a billion billionaires and the problem will be solved.

It's all fun and games till Shack catches you.

shackv.jpg

Can't believe I've NEVER seen this, given what a fan of Borgnine, Marvin, and Steam Engines I am...

It's all fun and games till Shack catches you.

shackv.jpg
Watched this movie for 1st time 2 days ago and i have to say that is the first movie, for me, that tells the story of a homeless travelling on the railroads. The emperor of the North, a must watch old movie recommended for old days RR fans. And about the movie, does somebody know what engines appear on the film, the one of the freigth train and the passenger train, that they make to slip in the grade with the grase, :D? Im asking of name of the engines

Greetings

Last edited:
I saw Emperor of The North for the first time last night because you guys were talking about it. I really liked it. There are a lot of train and steam shots.

From Wikipedia:

The film was shot in and around the city of Cottage Grove, Oregon along the right-of-way of the Oregon, Pacific and Eastern Railway (OP&E).[SUP][3][/SUP] Willis Kyle, President of the OP&E in 1972, allowed the film company unlimited access to make the film.[SUP][citation needed][/SUP] Oregon, Pacific and Eastern's rolling stock, including two steam locomotives (one of these being #19, a type 2-8-2 Mikado), appear in the film.[SUP][3][/SUP] This was the same location used by Buster Keaton for his 1927 railroad feature The General. Also featured in the film is the Dorena Reservoir, located about 10 miles east of Cottage Grove,[SUP][4][/SUP] and OP&E's railyard in downtown Cottage Grove.

Back