Using turntables gives exception error

Garahbara1

Hi all,

Getting very frustrated.:'( :( Trainz 2012 10th anniversary pack purchased this week and delivered in box. All installed OK. Brand new pooter Windows 7. I've had Trainz 2006 for years on another pooter. Didn't really use any turntables.

I get the little red spider pop up (bottom right of screen) and the error is: Train : "Thread Exception: ER_Exception, line 2243, file train.gs (1)" and "Train : Train.TestTrackPermit> permit does not refer to Track (file train.gs) (1)" and the train/loco is unusable after that and will not respond to any Driver Commands. The command icon just sits there in the tray. Using DCC mode in Driver.

Yep. Downloaded the new "Move Turntable" command for 2012, and other related dependencies. No missing assets etc. And just to make sure, disabled the old one. This happens no matter which "turntable" I use (there are a number of them), or which version of "Move Turntable" I use.

I'll use the AJS Turntable as example. It works fine, I can turn it manually to any track (Move Turntable command), can "drive to" the trackmark I've set, it will automatically turn 180 degrees (ding ding ding bell), but as soon as it stops at the selected track, I get the error. (track connected or not) This means I've also set up the "Input Rule" table correctly, otherwise I'd not be able to use the "Move Turntable" command. and that command works fine, until I get the error. It will only happen if a train is actually on, or even after a loco has gone through the turntable and out the other side. This is the same with ANY turntable I can find (including Victrainz Ballarat turntable). Problem happens when using automatic, or manually turning the turntable by clicking on the turn arrow, one position at a time. All track stubs are aligned correctly (two yellow circles). After I do get the error, I can still "move turntable" using another loco, but it will get the error as well, and that loco becomes unusable as well. If I put a signal in front of the entrance track, it correctly shows red/green if the turntable is moved to/from that track.

I've downloaded the SP1 patch (all 1.8 GB of it on a 2 GB monthly peak download allowance (using satellite net connection). When I run it, it tells me my version is not the correct one for the patch. "Options" tells me I'm running build "Trainz Simulator (46957)" How do I get from build 46957 to "49922 - 57720" as indicated by the SP1 patch?

Have searched high & low, internet, google, forums, the lot and can't find any reference to this error or similar.

What am I doing wrong?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,

Alan.:(

For the required patches have a look at shaneturner's list http://trainz.shaneturner.co.uk/tutorials/index.php/patch-links-for-ts2009-ts2010-ts12/ts12 .
You need 2 patches: 46957 to 48249 and 48249 to 49922 .

Peter

Initial quick test shows the exception error is resolved with SP1 patch on. Can drive onto the turntable, turn it ("Turn Turntable" command), and using manual (click on turn arrows) and drive off again. However the AJS Turntable has lost it's sound (Ding ding ding etc) and it's auto/manual option in its "?" window. Also does not Auto-rotate 180 degrees when loco parked on it. Not sure why, have not investigated any further. However, "Turn Turntable" command works fine. (input table configed etc). Used a brand new route to test it. Did not look/test older (pre SP1) routes to see what happens there. Have not check if correct assets etc are still there. Will check it further tonight.

Ya goose! :hehe: :confused: :eek: Use the scripted version of AJS Turntable! **Slaps forehead**! Automatic works fine in the scripted version.. Drive on, bells ring and it turns 180 degrees and drive off again. There's a problem with the "Move Turntable" command on the "scripted" version now (both auto and manual setting). Gives a thread exception immediately no matter what position you click it to. However,the same "Move Turntable" command works fine on the unscripted AJS turntable.

I'll get this thing to work yet!! GGGGGRRRRR! :'(

Gunna try the hotfix patch next.

Alan.

TOOT!

Back