Using Bitmap Error Picture

boleyd

I have a serious error where an error message suddenly appears with a list of numerical items. I have made a bitmap of it. But, I do not know how to incorporate a bitmap into a message on the Error Reporting page? I there a process to include a BMP with an error report?

Paint rejects this BMP.

Note: Ran Memory Diagnostic Tool with no errors.

Last edited:
Perhaps you can take a screenshot as a .jpg, or maybe use something like IrfanView to convert the .bmp to a .jpg?

I am puzzled by the post that boleyd made. There should not be a problem with opening a .bmp file and then saving it as a .jpg file.

To test this, I found a .bmp file on my computer and was able to save it as a .jpg file using Microsoft Paint as well as Paint.net. And I didn't even try to use GIMP (which is free) because GIMP can pretty much do anything.

Maybe the .bmp file became corrupt somehow. Was the .bmp file a screenshot of Trainz?

If so, using the Windows Snipping Tool and saving the screenshot as a .jpg (which is the default) is the fastest way to accomplish this. I have done this often to add a screenshot to the Trainz bug report website.

Last edited:
If by Windows Snipping Tool, you mean the Windows-Shift-S function, I think .JPG was the default. Lately I find it creates a .PNG by default but gives me choice to also save a .JPG copy.

If by Windows Snipping Tool, you mean the Windows-Shift-S function, I think .JPG was the default. Lately I find it creates a .PNG by default but gives me choice to also save a .JPG copy.

No I mean the little program found in Start/Windows Accessories/then click on Snipping Tool. This is so useful I have it pinned to the task bar.

The snipping tool may be the answer to get data to help desk.
It works on my PC ok. Windowa-11

I will give Snip-It a try on the next appearance of an error.

Dick

Thanks to both of you for your patience.

Well, I finally heard about SnippIt. Used that to capture the error message and convert it to a JPG. Prepared the report and submitted with the picture. Awaiting the result.
Probably will be my luck that the fault is typical of a PC fault. An almost impossible problem to find. About all I could do is hope for a "loose something". I could give it to the local geek squad which probably report no problem found and send me a bill

THANKS to all for help.

Back