USA Pics (electric)

I just can't get those beautiful engines to work:confused: So I went to the next best thing to get a electric fix:hehe:
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Matt

This thread hasn't been the same since Flusi stopped posting on it.

Anyways heres some interurban stuff:
Screenshot%202015-11-20%2011.43.07_zps0g8tkaig.png
Screenshot%202015-11-20%2011.43.10_zps11ww0mmk.png

I tried to take another pic but the screenshot came out as a solid black file. (This happens a lot.)

Ok, so more pics of the same route. BTW, the bus is supposed to be broken down, which is a reference to how interurbans were defeated by buses. I did that to show that interurbans at one point were better than buses.

The trailers and old baggage car body sit nest to the grove of trees near the freighthouse parking lot. As of 1996 one of the semis was still there (however very weathered). Most of the town was gone and converted to farmland, where the trailer was presumably being used as a storage shed. You can help support the restoration efforts for the trailer as it is likely the only piece of equipment relating to this line still around.
Screen%20Shot%202015-11-21%20at%209.31.11%20AM_zps4usn0j3j.png

The LCL express has a coach powering it instead of the usual boxcab motor. Note the Railroad Freight trailers and semis in the parking lot, and the one pulling away from the train and the Pennsy B60 cars that were standard run-through until 1959. Sometimes there were up to 5 of each type of car, including B60B and B60B express, and intermodal flatcars. The semi has just loaded at the Freighthouse to the left of the picture (out of frame)
and is delivering goods to customers.
Screen%20Shot%202015-11-21%20at%209.31.05%20AM_zpsvsjtld6e.png

The boxcab motor moves down one leg of the freighthouse wye after dropping off 2 boxcars. This train was later seen switching out the Alliance General Freight siding.
Screen%20Shot%202015-11-20%20at%2012.37.53%20PM_zpsryxjri2v.png

A Greyhound bus, which had been going through the area for only a month of so, is stopped with engine trouble and is being assisted by Mr. Bennett (grey shirt), who is the mechanic at the gas station. The LCL express which is in the second picture is ready to depart the small town of Martinslane, PA.
Screen%20Shot%202015-11-21%20at%209.30.54%20AM_zps41ybjukq.png

Last edited:
This thread hasn't been the same since Flusi stopped posting on it.

Ohh yess yess i remember that person...i think he's dead now, or lying in a corner, homeless and drinking alcohol :eek: ^^

New Haven MU's one of my very favorite trainz in trainz.

The 8:00 AM local commuter backs into Dover Springs station

They are looking pretty good in TANESP1 Public Beta. The doors and gates operate perfectly. I don't know how the sparking is doing, they have it partially fixed in the latest private betas I hear.

I like your raise to a modern New Haven.

The classic New Haven I have not seen before. Looks interesting, panto's each end of the motor car?

I see (and like) your classic New Haven and raise you a modern New Haven.
<snip>

Some very good shots there! Very typical of how the old "erector set" catenary supports have been surrounded by other scenery in the modern world.

@normhart - Glad to hear the animations are working in T:ANE. Tony implied (a few days ago) that sparks have been addressed; I have no observations on that question, for obvious reasons. :D

Incidentally, the round-topped NH MUTTs (4070s-4252s) are almost ready for release - there's a slight problem with bogeys on the trailers (they use a standard passenger bogey instead of a de-motored MU bogey like the earlier classes, requiring different attachment point height). Hoping to have them out for Christmas.

Back