Updated ECML route will not download [Solved]

hotchillies

I seem to have a problem where the ECML route will not download (or update). I had it present already from before, but the new update is stuck and will not download. If you click Download All. If you click individual ones and download there is no progress. It did install the Newcastle shunter scenario however, just not the route itself.

http://prntscr.com/ldowwb

Could this relate to my previous post about the ECML route which I wanted to delete but could not a way to, is it now stuck in a weird state?

This is all the "ECML" content I have currently installed, note the upload date is quite old:

http://prntscr.com/ldoypx

Last edited:
If you click individual ones and download there is no progress
>>
1. Does the name "Trainz Route: ECML Kings Cross - Edinburgh 1976 appear in the left column?
2. Does the game description appear in the right window?
i.e.
2018-11-03_060602.png

I would try the following:
1. Locate your packages folder
2. Copy the sc297 folders to a temporaray location
3. Run a db repair
4. Restart Trainz and retry the download.

Hi Tony
Sorry to jump in but how did you get the names of downloads to show up? All I had was the SC297 and they did all download ok.

Have the same problem as Hotchillies it all apears as in Tonys screenshot but will not download and i can not locate that particular package Sc297 in the packages folder either, Still on 96000 Build.
Cheers Mick.

Same problem here. Have tried on two different computers, but the same result. ECML will not download. Italy was fine, but not ECLM.

Having a similar problem. Route don't want to download:

https://imgur.com/a/w13TfEv

I tried deleting the "45297" folder inside "\Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019 DATA\build stand_alone\packages" and rebuilding/trying to "download purchased items" from main menu but still the download don't start.

Thanks!

Having a similar problem. Route don't want to download:

https://imgur.com/a/w13TfEv

I tried deleting the "45297" folder inside "\Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019 DATA\build stand_alone\packages" and rebuilding/trying to "download purchased items" from main menu but still the download don't start.

Thanks!

Did you run a database repair first before downloading again?

Try that and see what happens...

IMPORTANT NOTE: You must update to the latest build (975xx) to enable the ingame DLC downloads.

The latest build includes a fix to correctly show the names and premit the download. In 96000 we could only show the in-house resource IDs which of course isn't useful to end users.

Did you run a database repair first before downloading again?

Try that and see what happens...

That did the trick JCitron! Many thanks :)

1. Moved the "45297" from "build stand_alone\packages" to other folder in HDD
2. Rebuilded Database (from Launcher => developer)
3. Selected "download purchased items" (from Launcher => file)
4. Entered game. Now Download starts :)
5. Exit game/launcher
6. Moved back the "45297" folder to "build stand_alone\packages"

ps: already have the 97556 build before the problem. Don't know why that error appears :confused:

I have the same problem. I tried moving 45297 and ECML became available for download but then so did nearly every other package I have. On my skinny broadband link that would take all weekend so I reverted. TBH I'd rather go without ECML.

I was able to download the updated ECML route but there are too much jerkiness when trying to run the "Flying Scotsman" train. TRS2019 software and local data folders are on the SSD. I have GeForce GTX 1070 TI card with 8GB video memory.

jeffmorris -
Should I move TRS2019 software and local data folders to another SSD?
Not necessarily - depends upon how much space remains on the existing SSD. Also the relative performance of your respective SSDs.
I have my TRS2019 installation on my fastest SSD - which happens to be my C:\ drive/ boot disk - and also run a GTX 1070 with 8 GB of VRAM.
The ECML update runs acceptably well on this rig - after the first, pre-caching run.
Check a related thread, however, for others mentioning problems they've encountered with this rebuild of ECML...
Fixes are likely in the next beta build update.

Last edited:
Fyi, any 45xxx folders are now out of date and upates will be released which will replace these with SCxxx packages.

We're also investigating slow initial loading and poor performance in ECML KX.

Fyi, any 45xxx folders are now out of date and upates will be released which will replace these with SCxxx packages.

We're also investigating slow initial loading and poor performance in ECML KX.

Nice! Please those folders will "auto delete" or we have to do it manually?

For example I have the old ECML "45297" "45297d" "45297f_0" (to _6) and "45297s" and I think they are replaced by the sc297* ones. When I try to move them out of the \packages folder I saw that some of the stuff in the map was missing so I place them back

thanks !

Back