Unprocessed Uploads

pd1138

Hi guys, I uploaded some new content back on the 12th of May, and it has moved to the manual checking stage, but that was a couple of weeks ago and none of it has moved since. I know that Auran has had to cut back on staff and it's resources are stretched but does anyone out there know if this is the reason or is there something else going on? I'm working on some more content but I'm reluctant to upload it for obvious reasons. Cheers

Many people are in the same boat as you. We have to assume that in most cases, the lack of attention to the DLS is because Auran are short of staff and that uploads don't pay the bills.

I had 40 items pending approval. 5 got approved. Your guess is as good as mine as to the status of the other 35. Yet here I sit, madly making more(or is it making more madly, lol). Frankly its starting to bother me. Am I wasting my time and effort or what? Its getting discouraging. I just finished making and testing number 12 of a series of 40 diesel powered rail busses (which run like locomotives). Is starting number 13 worth it? Its getting more and more difficult to keep myself convinced things will turn out ok. I certainly want that to happen but a little encouragement from Auran is far overdue.

To me the vast amount of DLS content is one of if not the greatest draw for new customers so in that sense uploads do pay the bills.

Ben

thanks guys, I do suspect it's because Auran are so short on people, but Ben's right, a word from Auran as to what the situation is like at the moment wouldn't go astray. I am currently in the middle of creating more content, after a long spell out of it, but feel in the back of my mind that I may be wasting my time. Hopefully I'm going to be proved very wrong. The DLS and the community creation of new content is what it's all about for us old hands and newbies alike. Here's hoping. Cheers

For the present time I think it's best to be patient...very patient. A simple thing like a cold or flu, or one of the guys needing time away from the office will grind everything (already slow) to a halt very quickly.

One of Auran/Trainz greatest assets is the fact that so much content is available from a single source. Some folks host thier own items but they are also very good at keeping us informed as to what they have and how to access it. Its my understanding MSTS fans have to look all over creation to find items since there is no MSTS DLS equivalent (or if there is its no where near as extensive as the Trainz DLS).

Ben

Just My Thought's......

I paid for a FCT, ok fine, but I expect a little bit back for that! Once a week "At Least" up-dates, if not, that week should be given back to (ALL) FCT holders. I know thier short-handed, but if you add up all the FCT holders, that's a lot of money that they got from all of us on good faith. And still not a peep from them, I did have a lot of respect for Auran, but not now. Yes, I'm being a hard-*$$, but I feel I paid for that right! .........PS: THANK YOU, To all content makers, for all your time and trouble. Please keep that content coming, I for one am waiting for it!! Bill

As Bill says, some of us have paid for an first class ticket and so far this month there has not been much to download. Okay, maybe the boys are busy with the up coming release of TC3, but at least 5 mins can be found to let us know why there is so little going on with the DLS? :confused:

At the moment, my ticket is due for renewing in August. Hopefully things will improve by then. ;)

I paid for a FCT, ok fine, but I expect a little bit back for that! Once a week "At Least" up-dates, if not, that week should be given back to (ALL) FCT holders. I know thier short-handed, but if you add up all the FCT holders, that's a lot of money that they got from all of us on good faith. And still not a peep from them, I did have a lot of respect for Auran, but not now. Yes, I'm being a hard-*$$, but I feel I paid for that right! .........PS: THANK YOU, To all content makers, for all your time and trouble. Please keep that content coming, I for one am waiting for it!! Bill

Your FCT does NOT buy you guaranteed updates, it buys you unlimited access.

Mike.

As Bill says, some of us have paid for an first class ticket and so far this month there has not been much to download. Okay, maybe the boys are busy with the up coming release of TC3, but at least 5 mins can be found to let us know why there is so little going on with the DLS? :confused:

At the moment, my ticket is due for renewing in August. Hopefully things will improve by then. ;)

Have you seriously not got enough stuff on there already to be able to be getting on with something?

People don't have to have everything and to have it immediately surely.

Mike.

I too am patiently waiting.
I uploaded a TC1&2 layout on May 12th.
I have another layout about 95% finished. I hesitate to finish and upload it until I see what happens to the other one.:sleep:

Have you seriously not got enough stuff on there already to be able to be getting on with something?

Mike.

But on the other hand it would be nice to know which items I've uploaded successfully. Having to wait a month without feedback means I get a bit discouraged from uploading anything new at the moment and if I spot a mistake its annoying that the corrected version is going to take a month to get there.

Cheerio John

To me the vast amount of DLS content is one of if not the greatest draw for new customers so in that sense uploads do pay the bills.

Ben
The amount and diversity of the DLS content is what distinguishes TRS from the rest not only for new customers but us old hands too. The idea that the Auran staff might keep the punters a little more informed seems not to be on the agenda lately.
There is an Auran announcements forum.

Mike.

Yes I do have stuff to get on with Mike. As the next two posts after yours say, it would be nice to know if the system IS working as I too have items that I would like to upload for all to enjoy.

Thats not being greedy, is it? :eek:

Ok, It's Not What's There. It's What's Not There "YET"!!!!

Ok, I know there's tons of stuff to download. But, when I read post after post about how a creator has uploaded content, and weeks go by with no upload......WHAT SHOULD I THINK!! I pay to be able to download faster & unlimited. "BUT", when you fine content creators have spent your time to make the content for thier (Auran) game, they could uphold thier part too. If there was nothing new to download (no content sent in), fine. That's not the case, they have my money, but, I'm not able to download new items because they can't be botherd to keep up thier part of the deal!!!! If I pay for something, I expect to get it. In this case, I feel Auran is not living up to it's end of the deal! Yes, this is "MY" opinion. And yes there is an announcements forum, "BUT I DON'T SEE ANYTHING NEW" in there, do you? Again, if there's nothing sent in, then there's nothing new to update, and I have nothing to complain about! I'm sorry if I've offended anyone. I have 226 computer games, and this is 1 of about 35 that get used weekly, and have lasted and been updated over time. I do love this game, so what I say here come's from the heart! ......Bill

I sure hope they find time to add something today (Friday 6 June). Most of Australia has a long weekend ahead and it would be nice to have a big batch of new stuff to fiddle with.

Wait a second guys... I just did a blank search on the DLS (giving 15331 results). The newest item that came up is this:
Plan-U_sound
TRS2004
Created by: Stevado
File Size: 798.28kb
KUID: 178987:3137
Date: 26th May 2008
Downloaded: 659

Note the date?

Now yes, only limited amounts are getting through. But, the amounts uploaded on this day is approx 2.5 pages of downloads. Now, granted, it was about 2 weeks ago that this update occurred. Still better than some sites (e.g. some MSTS sites) which have updates once every 4 months, or similar. Man, imagine how this place would be if that happened...

Now, this thread is about the uploads. I don't know how their system works, but I am going to hazard a guess.

My guess would be that each item would be selected in a list, and then have an 'approve' button somewhere in there. This would certainly allow Auran to prevent any 'offensive' content from going on the DLS, by not selecting the 'offensive' items. Thus it would be a long slow process to approve a large list of items. The person who does the approvals these days may have been called away part way through this. And has not had the time to do the approvals since. So this means that only some of the items may have been approved. And that they haven't done anymore since.

But, this is only a guess.

Zec

Over the last 3 months I have sent over 100 items to the DLS fixed all errors as per emails but no items have ever ended up on the DLS - about to give sending to the DLS away

Back