Unable to use Paint Shed

joep5799

Obviously, since it is outdated, Paint Shed will not work on my computer, which uses Windows 7.

My question, however, is if there is a way to legally download it onto the computer, or find a compatible version, without having to pay.

Which version of Trainz are you intending to use it with? The reason I ask is because you have no versions registered on your account.

Shane

Paintshed in TRS2006 is broken, has missing Lang files ... you download the Paintshed 04 program from the internet, and transplant it into TRS2006 ... nothing illegal about that ... but you can not get TRS2004, or TRS2006 for free, unless you are a pirate ... argh !

Paintshed will only paint a handful of "Paintshed Template" cars and locos, and does a pretty poor job of it. However you can weather paintshed assets using an external program like paint.net, gimp, irfanview, photoshop ... etc ... and you can add on better detailed animated trucks.

Hang on a minute - it depends on whether the user has a full version of TRS2004 or TRS2006 (or possibly UTC) installed. Some further reading I've done indicates that the OP has two accounts, which they need to contact Helpdesk to get the accounts merged.

Shane

~snip~ Paintshed will only paint a handful of "Paintshed Template" cars and locos, and does a pretty poor job of it. ~snip~
I agree, it’s not wonderful.

But (there’s nearly always a "but" isn’t there) it is simple and effective. If nothing else it provided a spur to future creators helping them to get their first re-skinned creation into Trainz. For the less technically able it was a great little tool. In addition to allowing users to apply their own paint schemes and bespoke logos it showed how some of the more technical aspects worked; for example, how a texture should look with all of the bits of the loco/carriage/van should be laid out on a flat image.

In turn, that provided a spur to creating something more complex at a time when content creation was a good deal simpler than it appears to be now.

Paintshed was a neat little starter pack for basic “creation”.

N3V could do well to follow early Auran’s lead and provide a more modern version. You never know, it might attract some enthusiasm from a whole new band of asset makers.

I tried having Best Buy work with it, and they couldn't download TRS 04 onto my computer. TRS 6 did, but paint shed wouldn't install. I was intending to use it with Trainz 09

You can still buy 2004 on Amazon, so buy it, download Paintshed from the above link, make what you want to make in 2004 and then import it into 2009.

Paintshed 04 installs in either the TRS2004, or TRS2006 bin file ... it is not a stand-alone program.

If you don't have TRS2004, or TRS2006 it will not run.

Have you tried running the installer from the cd and not have the autorun run as there are problems with the autorun and Vista\7.Both TRS and Paintshed will run in Vista\7 without any problems.

The details are in the thread in my signature, but in effect it's right-click > Properties > Compatibility > tick bottom box > Click OK.

Shane

You must have a registered version of Trainz (TRS2004 or TRS2006) to run Paintshed

I see no versions of Trainz next to your name.

Without you having TRS2004 or TRS2006 installed on your PC, Paintshed will not run as a Stand Alone program

Back