Unable to download from the DLS (via CM)

Trs 19 is still installed, as in the launcher is still visible however its data folders have been backed up to an external hard drive and deleted from the laptop to save space on my SSD. So if I were to access it it would have no data. I saved a copy of the trs19 data folder and redownloaded it to my computer and directed my trs22 there. As for being logged in, yes, I am signed in under the same account I am using here.

Okay for dumb questions.

You ran a DBR after selecting the TRS19 database?

Have you excluded TRS22.exe and your data folder from your antivirus run-time?
Some antivirus products will block Trainz or make it difficult to run it.

If you want, you can set up some test folders.

Create a default database by pointing the path on the install tab to an empty folder. Create the empty folder first.
Go to the Launcher and Trainz settings.
Click on the Install tab and the ... then browse for your empty folder and select it.

Trainz will need to restart and then you put in your username and password in the Internet tab under the same settings. This will set up a blank database for testing. Skip over the graphics set up since this is just for testing.

You can do the same with TRS22 PE to create a testing folder. You can then go back and select your data folder afterwards. If the new folder works, then there's something else going wrong.

Keep this one active and forget the other thread.

Spectrum usually doesn't cause problems but who knows...

Do you still have TRS19 installed? If you do, try downloading from there just for kicks.

And... are you logged in with TRS22? I know it sounds dumb but we need to rule that out.

Network reset is found under Windows troubleshooters. We can try this last.

There shouldn't be an issue with TRS22 since that's the same exact set up as TRS19. I use PLUS and that is also the same set up.
I just tried another network, and it does work, but is not the same as a few days ago which leads me to believe this is something wrong with the DLS/CM. It takes longer than normal on this network too and starts out at 0 bytes/sec then jumps to 1.00, before jumping to 900,800,700 and counts down before it does eventually downloads after 10-15 seconds.

Okay for dumb questions.

You ran a DBR after selecting the TRS19 database?

Have you excluded TRS22.exe and your data folder from your antivirus run-time?
Some antivirus products will block Trainz or make it difficult to run it.

If you want, you can set up some test folders.

Create a default database by pointing the path on the install tab to an empty folder. Create the empty folder first.
Go to the Launcher and Trainz settings.
Click on the Install tab and the ... then browse for your empty folder and select it.

Trainz will need to restart and then you put in your username and password in the Internet tab under the same settings. This will set up a blank database for testing. Skip over the graphics set up since this is just for testing.

You can do the same with TRS22 PE to create a testing folder. You can then go back and select your data folder afterwards. If the new folder works, then there's something else going wrong.
I wanna make sure I understand this first. I will just make a new empty folder and direct trs22 to it, then start up the game as if I were starting over. Then are you wanting me to go into content manager and try downloading something from the DLS or am I to do something else? If it lets me on the new folder then im assuming something is wrong with the current data folder. I won't be able to test this until tomorrow night but I can give it a shot.

I wanna make sure I understand this first. I will just make a new empty folder and direct trs22 to it, then start up the game as if I were starting over. Then are you wanting me to go into content manager and try downloading something from the DLS or am I to do something else? If it lets me on the new folder then im assuming something is wrong with the current data folder. I won't be able to test this until tomorrow night but I can give it a shot.
Yes, this will create a new data folder just like you are starting over. You'll have to put in your username and password after the restart.

Then yes, download stuff from the DLS using the same network you always do.

If this works then we know there's something wrong with your data folder for some reason, and there are ways around that.

If it doesn't, then we know it's something weird with your network that needs investigating.

The fact that you are getting big time-outs hints at a network issue. Your connection should have picked up a new IP address.

The DLS still works okay for me.

Yes, this will create a new data folder just like you are starting over. You'll have to put in your username and password after the restart.

Then yes, download stuff from the DLS using the same network you always do.

If this works then we know there's something wrong with your data folder for some reason, and there are ways around that.

If it doesn't, then we know it's something weird with your network that needs investigating.

The fact that you are getting big time-outs hints at a network issue. Your connection should have picked up a new IP address.

The DLS still works okay for me.
So I just tried it on both 19 and 22 with test folders, no luck. Still got the connection interrupted message. I am back on the spectrum service in question. I'd say this pretty means its my ISP at this point however I'm not sure of a way to go about fixing that if there even is one. It's just odd to me that it has happened now when I've had the same ISP for over two years under the same account and plan with no issues until now.

So I just tried it on both 19 and 22 with test folders, no luck. Still got the connection interrupted message. I am back on the spectrum service in question. I'd say this pretty means its my ISP at this point however I'm not sure of a way to go about fixing that if there even is one. It's just odd to me that it has happened now when I've had the same ISP for over two years under the same account and plan with no issues until now.
Can you use a network cable and plug directly into your router?

It could be where you are located. The WiFi signals from other devices and routers could be interfering and canceling yours out. If your router supports it, you can change the channel to something other than the one you are using now and see if that works, but try the cable first.

Back