UK Signals

lincoln90

Hello everybody I was wondering how i get the the Call on aspect to work on the UK Signals the two white lights under the signal head

Thankyou Lincoln90

Hi Lincoln,

From what I was reading from the latest TC update*, I suspect that standard Trainz won't manage it - unless you're able to start signal creation and scripting... (whether light signals or semaphore)

* correct distant and home signal operation + block working

The Simulation/game was set up using red/green/amber signals (red = stop, green = proceed, amber = proceed at half linespeed). This causes non-prototype operation with semaphore signals, double amber signals (as found on UK railways).

I understand that the French & German systems are not correctly implemented either..

CHeers,

Colin

i have a bit of a 'cheating' way to do it!

if you change the signal config file so that 'caution' uses the call-on lights
and 'advanced-caution' is just the normal yellow light, and then you place an invisible signal say halfway along a platform, a train entering the platform will get a clear (green) because both the home signal and the invisible signal will be clear, then if another train tries to move into the platform, the first train will be in-rear of the invisible signal, so it will 'show' red, then the modified home-signal will be 'showing' caution, but you have modified it to show 'call-on' instead of yellow for caution, so the next train can pull into the platform too and the aspects will look correct!

the good thing about doing this too is it allows ai trains to pass as well, which means if you want them to couple to another train they will get the call-on lights, then they will pull up to the invisible signal, stop, then procede and couple to the othe train!

this method has some holes in it but you can get some fairly prototypical aspects working without complex scripting.
This is also a good way to get junction signals to always show the correct aspect at a 'covergeance' (they used tto work corectly in 2004, but not in 2006!)

cheers,
frosty

Back