UK Screenshots (Hi Res Version)

:clap:Great stuff Dave! I was trying a few of these posters last summer, but got cold feet because I wasn't sure about the copyright situation. Looks like yours have an 80s feel, whereas my signage was meant to be 1970s:

70sstationposters2.jpg

Paul

Where did you get the station building in the above screenshot?

great shots all :cool: just a little route i started way back in trs04 found it on an old pentium 4 computer hahah
sleek_20130321_0001_zps72ede960.png

mml hst passing through the marsh lands

sleek_20130321_0000_zpsb529479f.png

ews 66 at the power station collecting empty coal trucks

Last edited:
James,

Your screenshot of "Fellingden Station, as seen from the heath, with Fellingden Castle visible in the distance" is stunning, with the evening (or is it morning) glow off the buildings and the luxuriant foliage, I can almost smell the grass (and feel the midges bite)!

The heath must put up your poly count a lot and make your trains "jumpy". No?

Peter.

Well, I was working on a 'BR 1970s' project last summer (you may have seen some blue arrow signs that I uploaded that was one outcome of the work). As part of that I tried recolouring some of Paul's buildings and did a matching colour scheme using Lublin Polnoc station building in Poland by Samplaire. However, the project is currently set aside while I focus on finishing Lavenham. Speaking of which....

LavenhamJ39goods07.jpg

Paul

[EDIT: before anyone asks, it's a reskin of Pacificseven's J39 and, as I've been unable to make contact with him so far, it (and the other five I've done) cannot be redistributed. (In fact, I probably shouldn't even be posting a screenshot, but let's keep that hush hush!)

Last edited:
Nice work, Nexusdj! It's cheered me up a bit seeing a steam locomotive pulling a train (Since I'm bed ridden. Stupid cold!). Makes me want to actually go in one and warm myself up by the fire!

They're by pacificseven. Although on the DLS, they're incorrectly misspelt as 'Bullied', so make sure you type it in like this to be able to download them! I know someone is also doing a plum and spilt milk version somewhere...

PortLineParker

Ah yeah! Grabbed em :). Not yet downloaded though.. I do miss my FCT.

Some shots to say cheers.. plus it's been a while.

davie_ucf_20130322_0005.jpg

davie_ucf_20130322_0006.jpg
davie_ucf_20130321_0003.jpg

Busy summer weekend at Wadebridge

I positively adore these steam screenshots being posted now here and think you should all post to the current "Screenshot of the Week" competition forum!

The theme this week is "steam locomotives", so get in there - I need the competition as I've posted the one below in it. Come on - join in the fun!

--

As the Padstow section of the Atlantic Coast Express (ACE) from London-Waterloo arrives at Padstow, no less than three trains wait to leave in the other direction on the single track line. This Southern Railways station has, unusually, allowed a bay platform for the GWR Autotrain (2 autocoaches with a Class 14xx between them) to run on SR tracks to Bodmin Road (now Bodmin General) Station on the GWR main line.

Thanks must go, of course, to 'trackplate' for his wonderful Restormel Castle route (dating from September 2006, a v2.4 TRS2004 route, it was, nonetheless, well ahead of its time). It's a mixed GWR/SR prototypically-based route in Cornwall - great stuff!

4 Steam at Wadebridge.jpg

The Bulied coaches are broken for me in TS12, is this normal for everyone else and you've just fixed em? An issue if I use them in a session I want to release :(

Davie,

I have obviously modified pacificseven's Bulleid coaches ("bullied" as spelt in the asset titles) to be error-free in TS12, so you have a problem. You could email pacificseven (his email, addrees is shown on his profile) and ask really nicely if he would update for TS12 (or let you upload fixed versions acknowledging him, of course), but he does not appear to have been active much since 2007. He did upload (at least) three assets in 2011 though, so it's worth a try.

Jeremy Holland (jayholland) has done some SR Maunsell coaches and the trailers between the motor units of his 4-BUF, 4-LAV, 4-COR, 4-RES, 4-LAV & 4-SUB EMUs should generally be SR Bulleids.

'Good Luck.

Peter.

The Bulied coaches are broken for me in TS12, is this normal for everyone else and you've just fixed em? An issue if I use them in a session I want to release :(

James,

Your screenshot of "Fellingden Station, as seen from the heath, with Fellingden Castle visible in the distance" is stunning, with the evening (or is it morning) glow off the buildings and the luxuriant foliage, I can almost smell the grass (and feel the midges bite)!

The heath must put up your poly count a lot and make your trains "jumpy". No?

Peter.

Thank you! No, the heath isn't too bad on framerates actually. I get about 40fps through this bit, compared to about 25-30 in the city, although I do have a radeon HD7770 video card, so I guess it can handle all the splines/polys

Scania have bought 5 Class 92's and have received 2 more PRIMA 2 demonstrators from Alstom. This indicates they also want the new PRIMA's too. Also Siemens have sent a Vectron over for evaluation. The 92's will haul scrap trains to Teeford and Wendover. The 86's are for sale, and their 66's continue to work normally with 5 European ones entering service.

Great shots. Can ask what the White Locomotive is and if it is available for D/L??

Sorry ignore this post. I didn't read it properly.

Last edited:
....You could email pacificseven (his email, addrees is shown on his profile) and ask really nicely if he would update for TS12 (or let you upload fixed versions acknowledging him, of course), but he does not appear to have been active much since 2007. He did upload (at least) three assets in 2011 though, so it's worth a try...

Good luck with this. If you do make contact with him, could you mention my J39 reskins? (see post #14265, above) Ta. :p

Paul

Paulsw2, nexusdj, Davie_UCF,

Still no steam locos from you guys for this week's Screenshot of the Week. You've posted some lovely ones here recently, so why not post them there too and then vote? We can't let the Yanks have all the fun, you know!

The quoted dates are a bit misleading (as you'll see if you read on carefully, because submissions must be in by midnight UTC/GMT on the night of 25th-26th, so, in practice, by the end of the evening of the 25th.

Come and join in.

Peter.

--

Screenshot of the Week: 19-Mar-2013 to 26-Mar-2013
This week's theme: Steam locomotives

One screenshot allowed per entrant. Screenshots must adhere to the theme and the Trainz Forum Code of Conduct.

Submission closes on March 26 at 12:00 a.m. UTC (March 25 at 8:00 p.m. here in the eastern U.S.), after which point voting will begin.

Can anyone help please?
A few weeks ago I was very interested to see some screenshots of a route being produced by DavidBrown called the Tarka Line. He was hoping to finish this by Christmas, but it didn't happen.
I live near & use this line & would love to be able to use it, but now I cannot find any trace of it in the forums.
I have used the advanced search to no avail. I would have thought that key words like "Tarka Line" & "DavidBrown" would have shown up something. SEARCH!!!!
Hope that someone can help.

Thank you

Eugh, only saying this because it'll help you in future posts, don't want to be the bad guy here, but this is the wrong place to post this. This is a screenshots thread. Just use common sense in future. That said, I will look for you, and if I find a link I'll PM you, okay?
Thanks,

PortLineParker

Back