UK Screenshots (Hi Res Version)

Agreed, Trainz only.

What's the missing link?

missinglink.jpg

Can any other sim compete with the range of Trainz UK diesel shunters;)

The Class 05.

I haven't posted any screenies for a while so its time that I showed you what I have been up to. This has one scenic board with 2 bare boards on either side on which I have portals. I would like to think that I will get this to a stage where I am happy to share it and it could become my first route upload to the DLS.

4ndylloyd_20121128_0006.jpg

4ndylloyd_20121128_0007.jpg

great shots all :cool:
sleek_20121130_0000.jpg

sleek_20121130_0001.jpg

any guesses? still very much a wip also anybody know some decent 2d trees i need some asap any help in return much appreciated

well, it reminds me of a picture I saw of an 08 towing clay wagons round a dockside bend like that, do you know that one?

On a small (fictional) 15in. estate line in Derbyshire, the resident 2-8-2 'Thane of Cawdor' prepares to pull out of Staveley End:
2aaf96e1a867c83656284a424e2dc128.jpg

Thane of Cawdor crosses the River Barrow:
fbd2304f3f372490a69f6fcc22e6cd83.jpg

In to the afternoon, the weather detiorates, and the resident diesel 'River Barrow' takes over services. It is seen here leaving Parsley Hall on the estate end of the line:
2ebab03843484346fe48ec467758dab0.jpg

Finally, after passenger services have ceased, 'Duke of Cumberland' pulls some empty coal hoppers down to Staveley End:
fa31aca14f2029d1b2c9b0351565947e.jpg

(SELR stands for, of course, Staveley End Light Railway)
Is there any more 15in stock out there/being made? I would very much like a Basset-Lowke Atlantic of some kind...

Wow! South Hampstead, god that hasn't changed at all in 20 years, except the stock. Even the track is still jointed, or was when I went there 3 weeks ago. (378s sound great over it though,

Checking various photo's from the last 30 odd years from different sources and I noticed that also that nothing has really changed except the odd building has had a makeover , which is a bit weird considering how dynamic London comes across in continually tearing stuff down and building new .

Plan is to do "just" Primrose hill to Kensal green tunnels as a watch the trains go by route . It's got AC electrics and EMU's , 3rd and 4th rail units and freight , so all boxes ticked there !!
Route is DEM'd and just over 3 miles in length , trackwork is complete and the scenery so far runs from the Primrose hill tunnel portals to the Abbey road bridge . Plenty of custom buildings and scenery to make which someone else may hopefully find useful ? ;)

Great Shots all :cool:

A screenshot from a completely different route ....

ETVrf561x1024.jpg

Last edited:
Hi there folks, New to here but not really new to trains first playing it when it originally came out how ever many years ago. Now got back into it with Trainz 12 seems pretty good unlike my route building skills which are not soo good lol. This is just a mess about to get used to building stuff again.

Ukdrifttrains_20121119_0059.jpg

Ukdrifttrains_20121129_0011.jpg

Ukdrifttrains_20121201_0033.jpg

Ukdrifttrains_20121201_0037.jpg

Dave, nice to see you back on here - good shots! If you're going to upgrade I'd recommend TS12 over TS10 - more stable, less 'pop-up', definitely the most advanced version of the game. If you've got a machine that'll run TS10, it should run TS12 fine.

Paul

I haven't really touched Trainz for a year or so because I decided to upgrade my PC to run Trainz (and other stuff) more effectively and I gradually became more interested in the computer than Trainz! That said, does TS12 still have those awful Speed Trees that were in TS10? I bought TS10 but it vandalised my routes so badly with those things that I don't even have it installed on my PC.

4421367446_52acbe93b1_o.jpg
[/URL] J39 Coal at Burdale by pinzac55, on Flickr[/IMG]

I haven't really touched Trainz for a year or so because I decided to upgrade my PC to run Trainz (and other stuff) more effectively and I gradually became more interested in the computer than Trainz! That said, does TS12 still have those awful Speed Trees that were in TS10? I bought TS10 but it vandalised my routes so badly with those things that I don't even have it installed on my PC.

URL], on Flickr

hello yes trs12 has those awfull speed trees i hate them to :'( allot of older trees dont work due to 12 not having compatibly mode so iv started back on 09 at the moment but trs 10 has it so you could still use older version trees in compatibly mode:)

I used to hate Speedtrees too but since getting a decent pc and bigger screen I've seen them in a different light and am now very impressed. Especially close up the effect is amazing. Now I can't find a planar alpha tree that is anywhere near as good, they are pixelly and lifeless in comparison.

I think Speedtrees have got a bad press on here but you don't need to agree with me, that's just my opinion.

Hey guys,
Haven't posted in a while, so here are 2 from a fictional line that is basically my fantasy version of the Channel Tunnel. It sees more UK and French passenger service pass through it, rather than just the Eurostar and Euroshuttle plus the odd freight 92.

A Class 222 pulls out of St Pancras.

Thundering through Kent at a raised top speed of 140mph. (The 222's were modified)

I used to hate Speedtrees too but since getting a decent pc and bigger screen I've seen them in a different light and am now very impressed. Especially close up the effect is amazing. Now I can't find a planar alpha tree that is anywhere near as good, they are pixelly and lifeless in comparison.

I think Speedtrees have got a bad press on here but you don't need to agree with me, that's just my opinion.

i agree i have it maxed out and they look amazing up close but they seem to fade away in the distance for me and the draw distance is maxed so i use what ever 2d trees i can find as they look better with grass and shrubs more than speed tree in my mind anyway:)

sleek

Back