UK Screenshots (Hi Res Version)

@hholdenaz

It started out as Wirksworth station on the Ecclesbourne Valley Railway, which was about two boards long and not so detailed as you see here. I merged it with several other bits of routes I've started, but never finished - Skegness, Horncastle, Boston, Annersley, etc. The problem is that I loaded TRS2004 onto Vista 64 bit machine, which has been a pain in the backside ever since I got it. For some reason, which I've never found the answer to, the routes don't exist. I can't find them in Maps, or the Downloads folder. Sure, they show up in TRS2004 and TrainzObjects, but I've never managed to be able to transfer them onto my Window 7 machine. The route is about a 1,000 boards and something I just mess about with when I'm bored, but not for long as I may just get TRS2010 and install it on the other machine. So, the answer is, if I could send it you I would, but I won't have it much longer as I'm formatting the hard-drives and dumping Vista for W7.

A few more of the ill-fated route -

Image444.jpg

Image445.jpg

Image551.jpg

Image552.jpg

Image553.jpg

Regards, Dave

Last edited:
Dave (escafeld),

Please make sure you have a backup that (wherever it is) contains that route as its loss would (seriously) be a loss to posterity. I'm sure there are loads of us that would like to see it up on the DLS at some time not too distant, so we can try it out.

What I did when I upgraded to Windows 7 was to buy a new (larger) hard disk drive and installed the old one as well (as drive D:), so I could always "mine" the data from the old drive, in the event that I had forgotten to backup something critical.

Peter.

peterwise

Thanks for the comments.

My machine has 2 x 1tb hard-drives, but both are full. I need to get a 2tb external hard-drive and back the whole lot up as both drives contain different files. mostly photographs of the British Isles. I'll back the whole lot up as many files could be hidden.

If I get my maps to show in TRS2010, when I get it I might add Derby to the one in discussion. Regards, Dave

07-Feb-2007-02.jpg

Dave, nice to see you back on here - good shots! If you're going to upgrade I'd recommend TS12 over TS10 - more stable, less 'pop-up', definitely the most advanced version of the game. If you've got a machine that'll run TS10, it should run TS12 fine.

Paul

Hey, Paul, thanks for that. Hope to get back good and proper by New Year. The machine I have is a DELL Studio XPS 435MT, which is probably a low-end machine by today's standards, I wouldn't know as I don't keep up with the latest trends. I would like to put a 1gb graphics card in it, but I'm not sure if that's possible, but I guess it would need other upgrades to accompany it if it was possible.

The specs - http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/pcs/248338/dell-studio-xps-435mt

I altered them slightly by having having 2 x 1tb drives (non RAID) and 8gb RAM.

Dave

I don't, and I'm about as likely to as you :p

That said, I'm 99% sure that's not Trainz so my question still stands - why post a RW (or whatever they've tried to call it to make it sound like a better sim) screenie here?

I'll settle for 42 as the answer, and here's a proper freight engine that's meant to have a fire in the middle of it....

9fKentsford.jpg

Regards,

Anthony

Anthony,

Ah, BR MK1s in GWR chocolate and cream colours (nice one) pulled by a heavy BR steam loco (can't see wheel config from the angle - looks like 8 driving wheels - surely not! What is it?

Peter.

Actually, I'd have said the blindingly obvious question is "Why has CJClear posted a Railworks shot in a Trainz forum?"

Because this is the thread for UK screenshots and I'm tired of responding to ten or so emails every month wondering why I don't have much to do with Trainz any more. Those and the ones asking for TRS2006 compatibility for stuff I made ten years ago.

Because this is the thread for UK screenshots and I'm tired of responding to ten or so emails every month wondering why I don't have much to do with Trainz any more. Those and the ones asking for TRS2006 compatibility for stuff I made ten years ago.

So by your own admission you dont have much to do with Trainz anymore but from your screenshot your obviously involved with "The other Sim" .... So go post the screenshot in a Railworks forum . This is a TRAINZ forum and this thread is for the posting of UK "TRAINZ" screenshots . Not withstanding the fact that it's extremely off topic it could also be construed that your attempting to flame the users of this thread which is also against the forum COC .

Meanwhile back in Trainz ....

SWHST1x1024.jpg

SW501x1024.jpg

SWHST2x1024.jpg

SH871x1024.jpg

SH3211x1024.jpg

Back