UK Screenshots (Hi Res Version)

Great shots everyone!

Carnbrea.jpg

A Paddington to Penzance HST Passes the hill of Carn Brea between Redruth and Camborne, overlooked by Carn brea Castle and the Lord de Dunstanville Monument.

Mark

It's the summer so that must mean engineering works time,
60engine.jpg

A EWS 60 waits in a track relaying possesion last sunday morning with a ballast train.

Nice shots Stovepipe

As the header says, some nice shots and thank you for posting.
Is that a Peak in the last one? True to form Class 37s appear so I assume you are basing it around the late 80s?

The Severn Beach route running out of platform 1 (the short bit beside 3) used Class 116/117s then. And they ran car trains to so needed to stable the stock out on the Pyle Hill sidings. The siding opposite these, the outer one, is for carriage storage.
From the timetable Class used were HST's FGW (fag packets probably) and MML, most likely Teal. Classes 08, 31, 33 37, 45, 50, 56 and the 116/117.

But cracking shots Stovepipe, you have done well.

Bless you,

Angela

Thanks Angela, all I did was press the buttons, you did all the hard work!

I'm having great fun with it, recreating the BR Blue days of the early 70s. I just about remember the Westerns in service, and have always been fascinated with the period just before. Yes that's a Peak, payware bought especially to run through Bristol TM .

I'm weighing up whether to add in Bristol Bath Road TMD, there's a great big space just begging to be filled where it was until 1990. I've got a track plan too.....but I guess I should try and get my prototypical route finished first.

cheers
Stovepipe

Bristol Temple Meads? Not yet, but if you send a private message to user Angelah with your email address, she will send it out I think. The download station is having some problems currently, so it hasn't been sent yet AFAIK.

If you mean the locos, the Peaks are payware from Total Model Trainz, the class 42 Warship and the Western Pullman are on the DLS, the 37's are from TC3, though there are plenty of others to chose from, search under user tmz06003.

HTH
Stovepipe

track plan

Thanks Angela, all I did was press the buttons, you did all the hard work!

I'm having great fun with it, recreating the BR Blue days of the early 70s. I just about remember the Westerns in service, and have always been fascinated with the period just before. Yes that's a Peak, payware bought especially to run through Bristol TM .

I'm weighing up whether to add in Bristol Bath Road TMD, there's a great big space just begging to be filled where it was until 1990. I've got a track plan too.....but I guess I should try and get my prototypical route finished first.

cheers
Stovepipe

Hi Stovepipe,
Would it be possible to send me that track plan please? Not sure where that TMD is but I did notice it mentioned in the timetable quite a lot.
If you can let me know where it is located too.... maybe.... please.

I bought the Peak, that's why I recognised it. Super loco and very well created. Oh, the 70's, yes, I got the dates wrong! Hence the Warship (Class 35 I think) and Westerns. I am also a fan of the diesel-hydraulics.

Angela

Last edited:
Hi Angela,

The track plan is available on-line at:

http://bristol-rail.co.uk/wiki/index.php?title=Bath_Road_Depot

along with the some photos. The whole site is well worth a look around. The TMD was situated to the south-west of the station, accessed by a line beyond Platform 15, the one that ends in a buffer stop on your layout.

http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&t=h&om=1&ll=51.446171,-2.579019&spn=0.002996,0.007317

The TMD was open from 1964 to the mid 1990s I think. The variety of loco classes in the 60s and 70s was amazing, and with the exception of the class 22s, pretty much all are available for Trainz.

and some more screenshots

Last edited:
Thanks

Thanks for those links Stovepipe, I used Screenthief to capture them.

I am now glad I haven't yet sent the route up as I will put the area in. I wondered why it was empty!!

How is it running?

I also note your changed the canopy ends to Barrel... Nice shots there.

Angela

Nice shots, ex.

Still a WIP, on account of the custom cab taking longer than the loco, but I think I'm on the home straight now, and hopefully it'll be worth the wait;) . Seen in 09:
66-09-1.jpg

66-09-2.jpg

R3
Just wondered how the 66 was coming along. Any updates

Just wondered how the 66 was coming along. Any updates
Just arrived back here fully refreshed from a fortnight away in southern France, courtesy of SNCF AutoTrain, so no change since my last posting, but expect an update shortly...;)

R3

@Sonne03 - Thats supurb and exactly the type of cantenery I'm looking for for my Shoeburyness - Fenchurch Street.
:Y::clap::Y:

Will these be released for 04 please please pleeeeeeeeeeease. (not wanting to sound pushy or anything). Slight problem is I just finished installing cantenery through Shoeburyness C2C depot and it now looks very likely that I going to have to do it all over again. :'(

Great stuff deserves another thumbs up. :Y:

Andy

Last edited:
atw14.jpg

A few passengers wait as the 10:01 train to Rosmouth pulls in to Sandsworth.

*The ATW reskin of Russel's excellent 142 is a personal reskin and is not for realease and in any case the reskin is crap.

Last edited:
Back