UK Screenshots (Hi Res Version)

Wow, fabulous screenies there durhamlass, you're route's coming on leaps and bounds.....Great choice of locos as well to show off its full potential, well done lass.....Oh, sorry, errrr young lady then...:p

Cheerz. ex-railwayman. :wave:

Wow, fabulous screenies there durhamlass, you're route's coming on leaps and bounds.....Great choice of locos as well to show off its full potential, well done lass.....Oh, sorry, errrr young lady then...:p

Cheerz. ex-railwayman. :wave:

Thanks! :wave:

I've spent a great deal of time working on that area, and it's finally beginning to show. I'm certainly looking forward to being able to get the rest of the route up to that standard, but that will probably take quite a while yet.

Next up: Byers Green and Coundon on the Spennymoor - Bishop Auckland branch. There's very little information to go on for that line (I have just one picture of Coundon station), so I've had to make some educated guesses.

Nice shots all.
Here are a few from my new layout (Far from Finished)
screenshot1940.jpg

screenshot1941.jpg

Very nice shots Durhamlass, I'm sure we all look forward to seeing your finished route on the DLS at some stage.

Love that New Street shot Dave.

Resizedk1.jpg

Here's one I did earlier, an unidentified BR Class K1 2-6-0 leaves Prodworthy on a local service.

Gam :)

Very nice shots Durhamlass, I'm sure we all look forward to seeing your finished route on the DLS at some stage.

That's the intention, although it could take a little while before it's complete enough to go up there! :eek:

In the meantime I'm thinking about releasing a "preview" download via my blog for anyone who wants to see how it's getting on.

2009_07_29_014.jpg

The realigned trackwork at Hunwick looking north (I'm still not sure about that crossover, though) with shunting discs now in place.

The mainline appears to have a curve in it, which seems to be causing you problems. Carefully align and introduce two small sections of double track and add spline points at the middle of each section. Add the crossover and when you're happy with the result, replace the double track with single. Note - the crossover is attached to these additional splines. Points left out for clarity.
solution.jpg

...oh and btw, if you're doing this on a line with gradients, you need to check out the heights of the spline points of the track that you're going to insert the double track into and then apply them to the double track, for and aft.

In this case the difference in heights was, fore 301.38 and aft 301.29. If you make both heights the same, as in level crossings, which aren't adjustable, the train leaps up or down depending on which way the gradient runs.

gradient.jpg

Completed

completed.jpg

Last edited:
originally posted by Marky7890:

Truro07.jpg

What is the name/ KUID of the BR sign at the front of the station???

Many thanks

Meyshollop

escafeld said:
The mainline appears to have a curve in it, which seems to be causing you problems. Carefully align and introduce two small sections of double track and add spline points at the middle of each section. Add the crossover and when you're happy with the result, replace the double track with single. Note - the crossover is attached to these additional splines. Points left out for clarity.

Thanks for the tips, as ever. :)

It was actually nothing unusual for the "main" lines around Bishop Auckland to sport "unusual" looking alignments (the dogleg in the double track Weardale line past Bishop Auckland East signal box was a particularly noticeable example!) so this is in fact potentially prototypical. ;)

However, looking again at the only photo I've found of the trackwork at Hunwick (see http://www.subbrit.org.uk/sb-sites/stations/h/hunwick/index2.shtml) it does look like I could do a bit more tweaking. Hmmm....

Great shots everyone!

Just one today from a very wet Liskeard station:

Screen_014.jpg

The 150244 on the 06:00 Penzance to Exeter St Davids service.

Mark

These from my Sittingbourne - Sheerness route.

A freightliner 08 leaves Queensborough docks with a rake of scrap metal wagons.

Freightliner08.jpg

Freighliner 08 disappears under the bridge just outside Queensborough

Queensborough.jpg

A class 508 on loan from Silverlink glides through the outskirts of Kemsley

Kemsley508.jpg

508 at Kemsley

Kemsleystation.jpg

Back