Two Upcoming South Florida Routes

Great Work!

:cool: Hello Brickbuilder711,

You have really detailed your Florida east coast routes!

You have an eye for the city details, and I hope to run these routes, soon.

However, I hope your using DEM mapping, for these routes...Florida, really is anything but flat...

As you mention the Bone Valley District, there is a serious ridge running right down the middle of the state, in the center, all the way to Punta Gorda.

Doing the phosphate areas, minded "holes" appear, even in satellite view.

Lakeland, Florida, at the point where the ACL yard(SCL, now gone), is 197 feet above sea level.

Strings of four & six axle units used to run wide open, just to mount Lakeland, from all four directions, and still do...

Keep up the great work!

:cool: Hello Brickbuilder711,

You have really detailed your Florida east coast routes!

You have an eye for the city details, and I hope to run these routes, soon.

However, I hope your using DEM mapping, for these routes...Florida, really is anything but flat...

As you mention the Bone Valley District, there is a serious ridge running right down the middle of the state, in the center, all the way to Punta Gorda.

Doing the phosphate areas, minded "holes" appear, even in satellite view.

Lakeland, Florida, at the point where the ACL yard(SCL, now gone), is 197 feet above sea level.

Strings of four & six axle units used to run wide open, just to mount Lakeland, from all four directions, and still do...

Keep up the great work!

I am looking to Dem for these routes, though, thus far, I haven't used Dem.

I agree that Florida has some terrain, though, you see higher elevation as you reach central Florida.

I am glad you liked it though!

I spent 28 years of my life there...I Love Florida...

:cool: It was upon a uncle Lil' Joe Jenkins a 28 year retired now, Minute Maid Driver, in Central FL, we left the defeat of unemployment in 1965, for the Bikini State.

I have the SCL track charts, you can get them from Railfan Depot as copy, for cheep. tell em' Allen sent you!

TransDEM, is not much more than thirty bucks, and well worth it, doing so much, in one utility, and makes it right!

If that puts you off a minute, from release, just remember, you'll love how Florida's "Pulling For You!" on Trainz!

Last edited:
Amen to that! Tampa Bay can feel mountainous at times, especially Clearwater, but walk through some of the hills in Scotland, be happy you live here(I still love Scotland) :eek:

Isaac

You may be driving at 0-7 ft above sea level in Miami, but before you know it, you are about 100 feet above sea level in Orlando!

Other Shots

Before I show my Train 224, 226, and 336 adventure, it is imperative that I show you some shots of points on the FEC route.

79th Avenue, Seaboard Marine and SR826 on Medley Lead...
seaboard.jpg

Iris Interlocking Minus not only the train but also the FEC industries to be worked on tomorrow afternoon (not shown).
trsiris.jpg

Hollywood as never seen before WIP... threshold of Dania DD in background. For some reason the green light did not show as this was taken in our 202 adventure. Well, look at the amount of RR crossings! Trees need rotating...;)
mp3478.jpg

Trains Magazine showdown WIP. Compare to October 07 issue. Just needs 335.
trains_mag_shot.jpg

224 was fun with about a mile of intermodal, 226 had 1 1/2 mile of intermodal, and 336 had a mile or so of rock. :p

Last edited:
You may be suggesting something here...

:cool: Builder, your using a whitish tree foliage...

Are you suggesting Spanish Moss?

:cool: Builder, your using a whitish tree foliage...

Are you suggesting Spanish Moss?

All it is is regular tree gum and grasbuchel grass! The only way I can save it as Jpg right now is Photo Shop! Bummer....

Edit: Shoot! I did not know well that you can use IrfanView! It is not an 'open with' option on my screenshots folder.

Last edited:
WOW! There screenies looking like a snowy lol:hehe:

Great route! Keeping work on your route, brickbuilder711:):wave:

Thanks! My 224-226-336 adventure will be all green foliage, and I will put the random rotation tip to good use.

Last edited:
Thursday night, I was out to catch 224, 226 and 336. I did see 224, but my camera's batteries were depleted! So I went to Hollywood, anticipating 226 and 336. After some time, the signal blinked to green.

trshollywoodgreensignal.jpg

No more than a few minutes, and 226 roars by northbound.

trs226hollywood.jpg

226 is a train consisting of solely CSX intermodal, from Hialeah to Bowden.

trs226cofctofc.jpg

After 226 passes, I continue waiting, and a half an hour later, the signals go green again. Shortly, the night sky illuminates and the signals activate for solely powered 336. 336 hauls rock overnight from Medley to City Point.

crossingatraincoming.jpg

a_fec336trs.jpg

fechoppers.jpg

feceot.jpg

After 336 I call it an evening and head home.

what road are you using if you dont mind me asking.

Either Florida East Coast or 'Boulevard with Centerline' (default road) would answer your question! :) Behind the crossing though, I put Epcot Station medians because though you have the feel of a Boulevard, Hollywood Blvd is one lane each direction east of the tracks.

WCL, thanks! I got the shots through Irfanview, so the trees should not appear whitish anymore!

Last edited:
Train 208 with M2's

Today I am out to pace 208. 208 is an aggregate, automobile, and empty flatcar train from Hialeah to Bowden. 208 today has some dead loads to be shipped to CSX, NS, etc....

First in all of my northbound outings is as always, that Miami Canal - Okeechobee Road shot.

trssd70m2okee.jpg

Then we see 208 knocking down Iris doing about 30 already

trssd70m2iris.jpg

We arrive at Hollywood and 208 zooms past, wasting absolutely no time at all... :)

trs208goodgatedrop.jpg

fecm2hollywood.jpg

Finally, I head to New River in time for the bridge to drop for 208.

fecm2newriver.jpg

Cabride shots including a car chase conclusion are at
http://www.majhost.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=183206

Last edited:
Anyway, the following shot is the Trainz equivalent to the one on the FECRS homepage.

fecrs_showdown.jpg

My turnout abbreviations kick in as we are at North End Fort Lauderdale Yard :D

Back