Been quiet but back and still working on things. *waves hello*

malaru

I know ive not been around in a long time- I had slow downs and stops along the way since I joined here some time ago- but im still going at it. I had a time I had to reinstall windows on my PC and i got to working and getting busy and whatever else life tosses- ... but im stubborn- and even though my version of trainz is old now- I am still going with my original desire to map the CSX and partnered lines in Florida. Even as audacious a task as that was to take.

I never desired or expected to recreate the real life experience. I just wanted to get the lines down as close as reasonable to the foot- and what has added more challenge is I have been adding lines that have been removed or are now abandoned. When I look at maps of the lines if I can find a modern hint of where the line was- Ill look back as much as 13 years for where I can see tracks- so I have been adding lines that have not been used in maybe 20-30 years. I add signals and all that dont exist just for ease of use. It dont bother me. Im not worried about elevation changes- namely because- hey, its Florida- the whole state is nearly as flat as a pancake relative to any other.

So far I have completed laying down track for:
Bayline RR from Panama City to state line
Apalachicola & Northern from Port St. Joe to merge w/ CSX
CSX Tallahassee Subdivision
Everything in the greater Jacksonville,FL area from the state line down to St. Augustine/Green Cove Springs (Except the NS sidings {main is done} and the Jax Port Terminal is incomplete
Callahan Subdivision from state line down to Baldwin yard
Wildwood Subdivision from Baldwin to Hawthorn
Entire Brooker, Deerhaven and West Coast subdivisions
Entire Bainbridge subdivision from state line to Tallahassee yard.

The hardest aspects outside of the large yards like Moncrief, Baldwin, & Bowden is when im trying to follow the more complex industrial sidings. Like where the line ends in Panama City- theres 3- at least- companies that use the sidings at the dead end and sometimes its hard to tell exactly where a line is because it gets lost in the dirt/sand/etc everything running over it.

Right now im going back to industrial spots and yards and putting in whatever rolling stock is showing up as having been there in the latest picture of the place. Various boxcars, tankers, etc whatever I can get that is relatively like what is shown there.

My next areas I plan to attack is finishing the wildwood subdivision, Getting the P&A subdivision out to Pensacola, and adding in the abandoned line that went to Eglin airforce base.

.. Again not trying to be exact, being reasonable and maybe even a little lazy with the extras while trying to find every inch of used (and even some of the unused) rail lines. - I dont have any idea how many hundreds of miles I have laid down, but I know I still got a very long way to go.. and dont mind. :)

Just a small update and hello - I know i dont post often except when im stumped on something the smarter guys here know how to do lol

~ chugging along, Cheers! ~

Back