Two Questions

Hi All,

Today is my first day at trying my skills at laying track down for a small route along with scenery and I am building a small desert route. The track is laid down already and the ground textures are completed. However, I am now looking for the telephone poles and I cant find them in the list of objects. Can someone tell me what name I should be looking for? Also, Any advice for some great desert scenery vegetation? Thanks in advance.

Eaglefan

Also watch for "Laural Line", they're some of the best poles out there depending on what era/look you're going for.

Falcus

Thanks guys. I have another question about double track. I am building a double mainline fantasy route based in America and I am looking for double track in the download station. However, I only see double track for the UK and not in the US. Does anyone know of any kuids that have double tracks American style? Thanks in advance.

It is better to put one track down one way, then run the other track back. ----------------------------------------------->
(filler so that the diagram will be in correct place ignore this line please )<-----------------------------------------------
This way, when you place a train, it will already be facing the correct way, and if you need to add a switch or something, you can move the train to the other track, do the work, and move it back again. It will change direction when moved, and when put back on the correct track, it will be facing the correct way.

It is better to put one track down one way, then run the other track back. ----------------------------------------------->
(filler so that the diagram will be in correct place ignore this line please )<-----------------------------------------------
This way, when you place a train, it will already be facing the correct way, and if you need to add a switch or something, you can move the train to the other track, do the work, and move it back again. It will change direction when moved, and when put back on the correct track, it will be facing the correct way.

I know that, But that is not what I asked. The reason why I am not doing it that way is that I have a much harder time laying track down like that compared to laying two tracks down at the same time and then using single main line on the curves to connect to the straights.

If you get on Free Skype, I will teach you all my tracklaying techniques.

MB Quad is great for laying 2 tracks, or when making huge yards.

Screen_003-13.jpg

Last edited:
While I wont be able to do it today or over the weekend. I can do it next week during the daytime. All you have to do is let me know where to download this free Skype in a private message as I will see if my Norton will let me download it without any issues. I just went to the Skype page and it states that I need a microphone as a requirement. However, I don't have one and I don't have a webcam either.

Last edited:
Google knows everything ... Just type in "Skype" and it will take you to the official Skype site.

I used to have Webroot (all animated scanning GIF's, and did nothing) ...
I used to have Norton, but I fired him (all animated scanning GIF's, and did nothing) ...
Now I have a "Donk": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufDTDUPZrag

All you need is MS Security Essentials, Free Malwarebytes, and Glary Utilities ... All Free

Instead of opening about a new thread. I will post this question. Where can I find "Hog textures" as I am trying to see the lines in one of the DEM routes that is on download station. Thanks in advance.

- Open the folder where you unpacked the files
- find the folder 'presets'
- unpack the file 'textures.zip'
- use ContentManager to import the textures (import content)
It might be necessary to convert the .texture files, using PEV's Images2TGA.

Peter

Back