Tumbler Ridge Project

I cant put any release dates out, because it is way too early to tell. It is likely that the cabeese and some rolling stock (excluding the GF6Cs) will be released a bit before the route itself. The scenery will be released at the same time as the route, which may be a while from now.

I cant put any release dates out, because it is way too early to tell. It is likely that the cabeese and some rolling stock (excluding the GF6Cs) will be released a bit before the route itself. The scenery will be released at the same time as the route, which may be a while from now.

LOVING those GF6C's! Will these be forthcoming as well, possibly with the route?

LOVING those GF6C's! Will these be forthcoming as well, possibly with the route?

I've been doing some thinking. I figure it would be much easier if I released the route for free (with scenery) and perhaps sold the rolling stock as a pack. I'm not sure yet though. I plan on taking a trip up to Prince George to get measurements off the GF6C there so I can make a 100% accurate version with a cab.

I'm going to do an update before I move to the states since it will take a bit until I can get back into full swing on this project.

Updated the Quintette loader.

dbd0698e8042aac2205a57c63a619a9c.jpg

Made the single large froth tank from the Quintette processing area.

9f38aa12ee512c8d7c4e83d2efa40e14.jpg

Edited my older search signal to match the signals used on the Tumbler route.

cd75a794d7a816a3967e3fa2b2f6fd2e.jpg

1st terrain segment should be coming soon (being made by Gawpo50). I am also in the process of making a small microwave radio tower. :wave:

Way Cool.....looking really nice !!!

BTW, I like the idea of releasing the route as freeware and the rolling stock as a payware package.
or even make the route payware as well, but not one whole large package.

DaveL

Ok, last update I will have from Japan for real this time.

Big thanks to Pete (Gawpo50) I now have the terrain as well as more terrain that extends south of Wakely and as far north as Mackenzie BC and of course the entire Tumbler Ridge branch line. The mountains in the route are spectacular and hopefully can be better seen in T;ane. A 5km draw distance doesn't do this route much justice :p

54385bdb855426ea1e9c5b97f3b4a151.jpg

Now living in the great state of Montana :cool:

anyways, I've been getting a lot of track work in on my spare time.

Track nearing the entrance to the Table tunnel which has a ruling grade of 1.5%

Siding at Table

The early beginning of the Tacheeda lake area.

The Bullmoose or if you prefer, Teck load out loop.

I have learned that using rulers and proper measurements are critical to getting accurate track work. Joe (socalwb99) might get a laugh out of how many rulers I used in that first pic.

Thanks!

I have finished all track laying. It's now just a matter of refining it. Next step is laying of roads and making some custom track and tunnel materials.

As you can imagine, not having measurements of the track height makes catenary laying a pain. :p

Welcome to Montana! This is great work that you're doing on this route! I find that TS12's current draw distance doesn't do much justice to my Marias Pass route either, especially at the summit. I look forward to more shots of your great work!

Last edited:
One way that might be useful for laying catenary might be to use the same in-game difference between catenary and track height. For instance, if the track is at .5 and the catenary is at 1, then wherever you lay track and place catenary, always have a difference of .5 between the height of the catenary and the height of the track. It makes the process a LOT quicker.
Nice job so far!

thanks guys

One way that might be useful for laying catenary might be to use the same in-game difference between catenary and track height. For instance, if the track is at .5 and the catenary is at 1, then wherever you lay track and place catenary, always have a difference of .5 between the height of the catenary and the height of the track. It makes the process a LOT quicker.
Nice job so far!

Don't know how I didn't think of that one. Thanks, that's a life saver :Y:

Fooled around a bit at the small area before the west entrance of the table tunnel.

Not sure what to think, any suggestions?

Been doing some work with the Bullmoose/Teck loadout. Was pretty interesting trying to get all of the pieces as accurate as possible.

*large images*

Thanks!

Adam allowed me to mod his 132lb track mesh and textures, and here is the result. I also made the rail head a bit more reflective.

8f0b3f7e5eb2a54e8e32194b3ece0e97.jpg

may edit it a bit more later, but I like it so far.

Back