TS12 Message Queue Overflow Warning?

BryanMar3046

Hayajiro Conductor
Hi There.
So a few hours ago, I decided to make a "Shinkansen" (Bullet Train for short) line in one of my routes. I have completed 1/8 of the Shinkansen line, and decided to go and test it. Upon starting Test Driver, I got a large ton of "Message Queue Overflow Warnings." Here's an image of the Warning I Got: (Ignore the Portal Error Warning since it's irrelevant to the topic.)
trainzoverloadmsg_zpspyvlge2b.png
[/URL][/IMG]
Now i'm kind of curious, is it because there's a lot of the other Consists in this route (This is a Ginormous Route) or is it that Trainz hates 16 car Shinkansens that can go up to 300km/h? :hehe:
(PS: I think I'll go create another account since I'm stuck with this username that I feel uncomfortable, and I thought I wouldn't need to use the forums when I created my account.)

Last edited:
Hi There.
So a few hours ago, I decided to make a "Shinkansen" (Bullet Train for short) line in one of my routes. I have completed 1/8 of the Shinkansen line, and decided to go and test it. Upon starting Test Driver, I got a large ton of "Message Queue Overflow Warnings." Here's an image of the Warning I Got: (Ignore the Portal Error Warning since it's irrelevant to the topic.)

Pic removed...

Now i'm kind of curious, is it because there's a lot of the other Consists in this route (This is a Ginormous Route) or is it that Trainz hates 16 car Shinkansens that can go up to 300km/h? :hehe:
(PS: I think I'll go create another account since I'm stuck with this username that I feel uncomfortable, and I thought I wouldn't need to use the forums when I created my account.)

I've had that error before and it was due to bad commodities on one of my portal trains. Which one, who and where, are answers I don't have. Check your other consists to see if there's another issue. It may very well be related to the portal error. The issue could be something with a script related to the train cars on the Bullet Train. Having a train this long shouldn't cause a problem because if it did, we couldn't have 50-car or longer freight trains. :D

If you can, remove the trains from the portals and given them a drive in the route and this will rule out the portals as the problem. The consists themselves, however, may still have a problem so if you get the error, after placing the consists on the route its self, delete them one at a time and rule those out.

Outside of that, exit and delete the User Data/Cache/Library. (Note the path!). If that doesn't work, try a database repair.

Re name change: Contact the helpdesk rather than creating a new account as that can cause more problems than it's worth.

John

I've had that error before and it was due to bad commodities on one of my portal trains. Which one, who and where, are answers I don't have. Check your other consists to see if there's another issue. It may very well be related to the portal error. The issue could be something with a script related to the train cars on the Bullet Train. Having a train this long shouldn't cause a problem because if it did, we couldn't have 50-car or longer freight trains. :D

If you can, remove the trains from the portals and given them a drive in the route and this will rule out the portals as the problem. The consists themselves, however, may still have a problem so if you get the error, after placing the consists on the route its self, delete them one at a time and rule those out.

Outside of that, exit and delete the User Data/Cache/Library. (Note the path!). If that doesn't work, try a database repair.

Re name change: Contact the helpdesk rather than creating a new account as that can cause more problems than it's worth.

John
The portals I have set up only contains BBL cars that I forgot to attach to my commuter line, since I'm still expanding it with my regular line and Shinkansen line. The Overload also appears before the designated time for the portal to dispatch the trains. I couldn't really read all of the errors since it was lagging my computer. All what I know is that this never happened before, and just happened when I started my Shinkansen line.

I I remembered that some of the Auran mods said you can't change your name I believe. I'll try though.

The portals I have set up only contains BBL cars that I forgot to attach to my commuter line, since I'm still expanding it with my regular line and Shinkansen line. The Overload also appears before the designated time for the portal to dispatch the trains. I couldn't really read all of the errors since it was lagging my computer. All what I know is that this never happened before, and just happened when I started my Shinkansen line.

I I remembered that some of the Auran mods said you can't change your name I believe. I'll try though.

Then it's probably a script related to those train cars.

Name change: You can do that once I think. Contact the helpdesk and ask. The worst is they'll say sorry, right! :)

John

It may be worth double-clicking one of the affected lines to find out which message is being discarded. This will then help on the script debugging side to find out which function is producing said message. It sometimes even tells you which function is involved.

Shane

I have seen this happen with a scripted car that sent 2-3 messages per second to the Message Box through the "Interface.Print" command for debug purposes. If I used 20 of these cars, I had exactly the same error you have. Maybe the cars you are using also emit messages and that there are too much of them.

Ok So I went back into trainz and started up Driver. I decided to look at all of the errors displayed.
trainzoverloadmsg1_zpsc0rb13s3.png
[/URL][/IMG]
The router message is trying to relay messages about Vehicle decoupled..? This is the same message for the errors I have received.

Back