trz06 fatal error

SD70ACE17

Over the last few days i have been getting fatal error's when i try to launch trainz 06. What causes them and how do you fix them? It won't launch at times but some times it will. It's seems to have gotten worse today. If i have to reinstall what can i do to prevent them from coming back? also i won't to get rid of some of the trainz stock content to save on HD space how do you delete it.:confused: :confused:
Thanks,
Landon

Have you tryed running the trainz diagnostics program in the bin folder of trainz called trainzdiag?

Also if you tell us your computer stat's, it mighht be helpfull!

Have you tryed running the trainz diagnostics program in the bin folder of trainz called trainzdiag?

I'm not sure about the stats. I have forgotten them. I only use this computer for games, As i have a mac book pro. I am running xp. Basic dell computer.
Heres the error. Hope this helps.

Heres the fatal error,

Description:

Class: Hardware
Reason: Access Violation
Version: Jet vRRRRR.RR Build 1234.5.QQQQQ

Exeption @ 004235EF in C:\Program Files\Auran\TRS2006\Bin\Launcher.exe

Recoverable exception: Yes

EAX: 00000000 EBX: 00000000 ECX: 025EED00 EDX: 025ED00
ESP: 025EECC8 EBP: 004B2E70 ESI: 00000000 EDI: 03C46864

DS: 00000023 FS: 0000003B
ES: 00000023 GS: 00000000
SS: 00000023 CS:EIP: 001B: 004235EF

Flags: 00010246 (CF:0 ZF:1 SF:0)

Call Stack:

004235EF - 00000001(+225EF) C:\Program Files\Auran\TRS2006\Bin\Launcher.exe

I did a daig test, come to find out the display drivers are 61 months old:hehe: , might be my problem.:hehe: :hehe: Thank you J-maybury for pointing me in the right direction. :p

If anyone else has this problem it told me to go to www.nvidia.com for update. I just hope this is the whole problem.:confused: :cool:

I installed the display divers, but im still getting this error.:(
I ran the diag again everything pasted. What do i do now?

Description:

Class: Hardware
Reason: Access Violation
Version: Jet vRRRRR.RR Build 1234.5.QQQQQ

Exeption @ 004235EF in C:\Program Files\Auran\TRS2006\Bin\Launcher.exe

Recoverable exception: Yes

EAX: 00000000 EBX: 00000000 ECX: 025EED00 EDX: 025ED00
ESP: 025EECC8 EBP: 004B2E70 ESI: 00000000 EDI: 03C46864

DS: 00000023 FS: 0000003B
ES: 00000023 GS: 00000000
SS: 00000023 CS:EIP: 001B: 004235EF

Flags: 00010246 (CF:0 ZF:1 SF:0)

Call Stack:

004235EF - 00000001(+225EF) C:\Program Files\Auran\TRS2006\Bin\Launcher.exe

Thanks,
Landon

Try going in to the TRS2006 File and delete the file marked assets.tdx and then go in to the file marked Cashe and delete the file marked assets.bku if there is one. then restart trainz 2006. It will take quite some time to rebuild the asset file so be patent.

It could be that one of these has got corupted at some stage.

Try going in to the TRS2006 File and delete the file marked assets.tdx and then go in to the file marked Cashe and delete the file marked assets.bku if there is one. then restart trainz 2006. It will take quite some time to rebuild the asset file so be patent.

It could be that one of these has got corupted at some stage.

How do you rebuild it? is this to fix the error get rid of the unwanted content?
Thanks,
Landon

I have now reinstalled trainz 06 , I have i have looked at many post about this error, and it seems to be more of a settings issue. I don't know how to get the settings right. Could some one please help with this. All the drivers on my computer have been upgraded and the diag test passes. Should i delete the files that J-maybury said to delete again? I don't want any of the content on trainz anyway other than a few locomotives and routes. I can't get rid of it from content manager. So how do you get rid of it.

Thanks,
Landon

Hi SD70ACE17
If you have re-instaled 06 then there is no need to delete those files.
but exactly what content are you trying to get rid of, because a lot of files of veicles and map are built in to the game and I would imagin that you wont be able to delete them, though I have never tried to do so.

The two files I asked you to delete will not delete any content it mearly puts the content in to a constructed form for the computer to read. If you want to delete any content go into content manager plus (or CMP for short) click the Instaled tab and right click on the content you dont whant and select delete from the meneu.

All the content that you have downloaded will apear in your local folder but to delete it from there will mostlikly cause more problems and crashes.

Folks,
I've just had the same error and the CMP now doesn't recognise the fact that Trainz'06 has been run! It appears that the Assets.tdx file has corrupted and now is not being recognised by the CMP.

This is a big ask but could someone help me out by providing an assets.tdx file. With that I can overwrite the corrupted file, have CMP recognise that Trainz has actually run previously and commence a rebuild? I took this approach a couple of years ago and it worked (but silly me didn't burn a backup - D'oh!) It may even help with a few other users too.

Thanks in anticipation!
Cheers,
Dreadnought1

Folks,
I've just had the same error and the CMP now doesn't recognise the fact that Trainz'06 has been run! It appears that the Assets.tdx file has corrupted and now is not being recognised by the CMP.

This is a big ask but could someone help me out by providing an assets.tdx file. With that I can overwrite the corrupted file, have CMP recognise that Trainz has actually run previously and commence a rebuild? I took this approach a couple of years ago and it worked (but silly me didn't burn a backup - D'oh!) It may even help with a few other users too.

Thanks in anticipation!
Cheers,
Dreadnought1

Can you explain in more detail how this works, and How i can get you this file.
Thanks,
Landon

My understanding of it is as follows:CMP looks at the assets.tdx file and if it's OK, it'll just run normally.If there's a problem with the assets.tdx (as I believe there is in my case as I think the file is corrupted), CMP has nothing it can recognise and it thinks that Trainz hasn't been started before - in which case it tells you to go away and run Trainz at least once and then come back (which I can't do as the assets.tdx file is corrupted).By overwriting the corrupted assets.tdx with any workable assets.tdx file, CMP will launch and then overwrite/update the assets.tdx to reflect the real situation.The assets.tdx file is located in the base TRS2006 folder.If you could help me, It'd be much appreciated. I'll PM you shortly.Cheers,Dreadnought1

My understanding of it is as follows:CMP looks at the assets.tdx file and if it's OK, it'll just run normally.If there's a problem with the assets.tdx (as I believe there is in my case as I think the file is corrupted), CMP has nothing it can recognise and it thinks that Trainz hasn't been started before - in which case it tells you to go away and run Trainz at least once and then come back (which I can't do as the assets.tdx file is corrupted).By overwriting the corrupted assets.tdx with any workable assets.tdx file, CMP will launch and then overwrite/update the assets.tdx to reflect the real situation.The assets.tdx file is located in the base TRS2006 folder.If you could help me, It'd be much appreciated. I'll PM you shortly.Cheers,Dreadnought1
The assets.tdx file as I understand it is a comperlation file of all your assets, like an index, it tells the game where to look for all the assets you have downloaded, that meens no two assets.tdx file are alike. you do not need to download sombody elses file the game will automaticly rebuild a new one, just delete the assets.tdx file and the backup marked assets.bku in the cashe file, thene restart TRS2006 go in to CMP and hit the launch trainz button at the top, and wait patiantly while it rebuilds a new one. The more assets you have the longer it will take.

Jonathan

The assets.tdx file as I understand it is a comperlation file of all your assets, like an index, it tells the game where to look for all the assets you have downloaded, that meens no two assets.tdx file are alike. you do not need to download sombody elses file the game will automaticly rebuild a new one, just delete the assets.tdx file and the backup marked assets.bku in the cashe file, thene restart TRS2006 go in to CMP and hit the launch trainz button at the top, and wait patiantly while it rebuilds a new one. The more assets you have the longer it will take.

Jonathan

Jonathan,
Thanks for your suggestion. I did try that but without those files, it assumes you haven't ever run Trainz. Those files are only created/validated when you run Trainz for the first time.

If you don't have these files or if the file is corrupted, it will tell you to run Trainz (which I can't do).
If you have a copy of the file that CMP likes, it'll run and once CMP is running, it'll rebuild the files properly. As mentioned, I've had this happen before and someone sent me a copy of their assets.tdx and it enabled me to get things up and running again.

Cheers,
Dreadnought1

I would upload you mine but all my stuff is British, and loads of it, you would proberbly need a fresh assets.tdx or someones from Australia.
It mite be simpler to re-install TRS2006.
Just make sure to back up your local folder first, but as a rule trainz will prompt you to keep this file when you unload trainz.

Back